Cooper tyres?

deerstalker.308

I’ve always had BFG AT’s but my new truck has larger rims and they’re £160 per tyre which is just a bit too painful for my liking!!
Looking for alternatives really, and the coopers seem to come in fairly well for value and with decent tread pattern.
I’m either looking at the ST Maxx or possibly STT PRO? Any thoughts?

Woodsmoke

I replaced the Pirelli Scorpions on my Shogun with Cooper ATs and found them to be great tyres. Can't speak for the ones you mention, but if they're anything like the ATs I had they'll be really good tyres. I had no issues with them on, or offroad

Millerich

My Hilux had Cooper AT3 on when I bought it. Not knowing anything about them I did some research at the time and reviews all seemed positive and they’ve performed just fine. I’d put the same on again.

Uncle Norm

I have had the Cooper Discoverer AT 17'' on the front of my L200 for about 18 months. Plenty of tread depth, no problem with road noise and have taken me where I need to go.
The wear is no different from the more expensive brands. When I need new tyres on the rear wheels, I shall go for them again.

reloader54

A perfectly good tyre for any 4x4 and many other applications, cooper tyres also own Avon tyres, Mickey Thompson, and many others. When I was in the off road game I fitted hundreds of them without one complaint.

Danny Fireblade

Ive got the STT PRO's on my 110. Road noise isn't too bad at all but not had chance to properly try them out on the muddy stuff.

Bear in mind depending on size they are limited to 68mph I think. Not that my 110 goes that fast anyway.

ashray

my insurance company wont insure my vehicle if i fit remould tyres! not sure if all cooper tyres are remolds but they do make a lot of remoulded tyres,they had a recall in january this year.

Last edited:

reloader54

Ive got the STT PRO's on my 110. Road noise isn't too bad at all but not had chance to properly try them out on the muddy stuff.

Bear in mind depending on size they are limited to 68mph I think. Not that my 110 goes that fast anyway.

they are available in both . Q: 99mph. R: 106mph. my old land rover was clocked at 127mph, it was heavily modified, and Not the quickest I have ridden in.

paul o'

Had AT3 they were good but found them to gum up faster than the BFG's, :eek: Remoulds are only good for boat fenders the Boss at work had both his front delaminate this weekend pos due to heat on his Q7 that £80 saving per cheap remould cost him a recovery off the motorway :doh: and four new Bridge stones as they did't sell remould crap and his are in 18" :rofl:

Midgemagnet

I've got the cooper stt pros on my ford ranger. probably the best tyres I've had for off road never been stuck in mud or snow. 12000 miles and still as new. road noise not as bad as some and hold the road well on tarmac. would definetely recommend them! had the cooper stt on a 09 plate navara the man who bought it from me still has them on it

deerstalker.308

To be honest it’s looking increasingly like I’m going to have to fork out for the BFG as no one seems to have stock of my tyre size anywhere!! :-|

david1

Hi, I run Cooper STT max, I have had the same tires for 10 years, I put them on every October and remove them March, most likely about 60,000 miles on them and still plenty of life. Dont really notice any difference in MPG. Not long and they'll be on again.

deerstalker.308

cooper tyres are remoulds and if you google them they have been forced to recall a lot of tyres as of january 2018.i dont use them as stated because my insurance company do not allow me to fit them if i did fit them my insurance would become void.look it up and check your own insurance company.

Share a link please as I can’t find anything on google confirming this? Avon perhaps, who are a branch of cooper but not cooper specifically?

Uncle Norm

My Cooper tyres are not remoulds. I notice that banus has edited his post #8 from the original statement as quoted by deerstalker.308 at post #19. The statement that Coopers are remoulds has been deleted.
Perhaps a bit of 'fake news' on the internet.