copper bullets for .243

sakoson

Has anybody reloaded a satisfactory round for the above calibre and will it be capable of killing reds or sika or would I be better moving to a bigger calibre, firearms is up for renewal in august so now would be a good time to make the move

sikadog

80grn is not any good for Reds and Sika in Scotland, I am just about to start testing some 100grn loads in my 6mm Remington using Peregrine Bullets

Last edited:

Stumpy2

The creedmoor brings abuse and hipster remarks from sd members!

It also possibly brings a slightly bigger choice of factory non lead loads, but it all depends on what your local shop is prepared to stock or order in for you. If you reload, hardly anything in real terms. (And yes I have a creedmoor)

brave echo niner

You can either go for a 6.5 of some kind which will do the job but IMHO a .308 or .270 will do the job better and hit harder (prepare for the Creed fraternity to get offended) as you only really reap the benefits of a 6.5 at very extended ranges.
Plus you'll get good availability of factory ammunition and choice in non-lead?

Just another option,

Ben

baguio

You can either go for a 6.5 of some kind which will do the job but IMHO a .308 or .270 will do the job better and hit harder (prepare for the Creed fraternity to get offended) as you only really reap the benefits of a 6.5 at very extended ranges.
Plus you'll get good availability of factory ammunition and choice in non-lead?

Just another option,

Ben
I would imagine that the 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor will both have good non-toxic availability.
The 308 will probably kick too hard for someone who is used to using a lady's calibre which was why I suggested the 6.5 Creedmoor.

sakoson

I would imagine that the 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor will both have good non-toxic availability.
The 308 will probably kick too hard for someone who is used to using a lady's calibre which was why I suggested the 6.5 Creedmoor.
now this is what I didn't want ,stupid comments like this ,I have culled several hundred red using a .243, all im looking for is someone that's loaded a non lead bullet in .243 that would recommend it, pleeeease