Counties where ticks are present?!

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing

stratts

Hi chaps just wondering if there is a definitive list of counties or places where ticks are definitely present and a problem for stalkers in the UK?

I am soon to start stalking in Cambs and wondered if I need to get a tick tool just in case,

Cheers

Stratts

Apache

Every county has ticks, just some areas worse than others.

North Yorkshire Moors rife, rare to see them in the Dales.

White Hart

As Apache says there everywhere, on the New Forest and surrounding areas there a real problem. Obviously the risk is Lyme's disease, i guess a website like http://www.lymediseaseaction.org.uk/ may have a map of reported incidents through GP's and hospitals? If not its always worth a read for knowing the symptoms etc.

Offroad Gary

Pulled one off my 7yr old boy in the garden last weekend, in his armpit, got while playing around paddling pool

Offroad Gary

Argh, is he ok - mentally as well as physically? They scare the sh*t out of me, so heaven knows how my 3 of under 8 would cope!!!

Physically, yes, it was the size of a pinhead and i washed the knife in the paddling pool first.
mentally, who can tell, im sure he'll go through worse - in fact, he already has!

Oh6

Bugger I searched on here as I thought someone sold em but couldn't find the thread!! I'm sorted now!! :oops:

Like most of us, I hate ticks with a passion, so brought 5 sets of the O'Tom Tick Twisters, one for my stalking bag, each of my rucksacks and one to leave at home. So pretty much as soon as I find one I have a twister to hand to get the little sod off and squished. The most recent being at the weekend :(

pheasant sniper 1

New Forest, Wimborne, Holt and Poole absolutely heaving with them.

Took my mate out a couple of days ago and he had around 30 on him..

I don't wash so only had four :D

Satyr

This is weird but here in my little corner of East Sussex I have none. Dog walked on NT and common land every day, for the last year no parasites at all.

People keep telling me everywhere is full of ticks, but I share land with sheep and horses and not seen a single one on me, dog or livestock.