Countryfile' Oh I have been wrong all along.

bullet chucker

This evenings episode shows memorable Highlights from the last 30 years.As John Craven introduces the 'Red Stag' caught up in some blue rope,which then life savers throw a blanket over the beast,with a knife they cut away the offending restriction to release as if by MAGIC a fine Fallow Buck with a decent rack or have I been getting my species wrong all these years? BBC are never wrong are they?

BC.

reloader54

This evenings episode shows memorable Highlights from the last 30 years.As John Craven introduces the 'Red Stag' caught up in some blue rope,which then life savers throw a blanket over the beast,with a knife they cut away the offending restriction to release as if by MAGIC a fine Fallow Buck with a decent rack or have I been getting my species wrong all these years? BBC are never wrong are they?

BC.

ha,ha, david copperfield couldn't have done it better, it's a well known clip.

probably best if I avoid giving my opinion of the bbc.

J&S

Countryfile......a programme made for those who know nought about country life by those who know less

skywull

when you get the likes of machaela strachan getting aw hot n botherd when she seen her first stoat about 3 years ago on spring watch or summat do you wonder why they employ them , would they in any other walk of life if you new feck all about your job

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Mr Craven would have failed on his deer identification for his Level 1 :rofl:

I watch the programme now and again but honestly the presenters know as much about the countryside as I know about rocket engineering.....................which is nothing :D

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
For all the times that clip has been aired you think they would have corrected the mistake by now. You would have thought that Kwis would have sorted it by now, or has he been too busy with his plastic bag full of money :D.

John

Freeforester

Hey there JohnGryphon, McHugh B, and fellow Antipodeans - how many Capercaillie do you have in Oz?

I ask because the Australian Wildcat trapping lass working up here in Grampian has just been transferred to deal with Capercaillie in the Cairngorms National Park; its great to see her SNH employers (much like the BBC) believe in meritocracy, and shun cronyism, groupthink, etc; it's clear that the SNH will have to rewrite their Best Practice guidelines too, as if it's on TV, and comes from such an 'expert' as John Craven, then we are all obviously wrong all along and will have to get back up to speed!

:cuckoo::rofl:

Last edited:

reloader54

For all the times that clip has been aired you think they would have corrected the mistake by now. You would have thought that Kwis would have sorted it by now, or has he been too busy with his plastic bag full of money :D.

John

I see what you did there.:cool: