Couriers

the scudd

hi have bought a large gun cabinet above dundee and was wondering who the best courier would be to deliver it carlisle, thanks

Try Interparcel courier service.

They have a simple web site... I booked a delivery through them using UPS which was around half the price UPS quoted to me for the same job...go figure.

Alan

Try getting a price from anyvan or Shipley. You enter the details, approx. size pickup/drop off point and they bid for the job.
Kieran

Try parcelmonkey (if you're not in a hurry).

Website here https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk

They can take a while and "customer service" is truly dire - but they can be cheap.

The cabinet is 77 kilo and 1500 high 520x36
interparcel don't do anything over 50 kilo
thanks for the suggestion

The cabinet is 77 kilo and 1500 high 520x36
interparcel don't do anything over 50 kilo
thanks for the suggestion

I thought I noticed links to pallet carriers on the inter parcel site.....Captain Cargo used to do up to 500kg pallets

Anyvan were okay-ish but apart from the booking fee, it was cash only and no receipt, £90 odd for a single door drinks chiller from Cheshire to Gloucesterhire.

Alan

ps yes have just looked interparcel do pallets...maximum height 1900mm Alan

Last edited:
The one advantage of using something like anyvan or Shipley is that you can send a photo and you don't have to provide accurate weights. With some others if your weights/dimensions are incorrect you may be charged extra.

Not that it helps with your courier choice, but I remember when my 10 gun Buffalo safe was delivered. I had gone for the upgraded version, 3mm walls instead of 2mm and a 6mm door instead of 3mm so rather heavy! The delivery driver raised the tail lift to shoulder height and was just about to throw it on his shoulder. He miss read the kg thinking it was pounds lucky I stopped him as it was 124kg not the 124lbs he was expecting!

Back