Cracking Job By Jaeger

Territory Hunting

jamross65

I bought this custom Remmy .308 last week from a dealer after it was traded in by the guy who had it built, because of family commitments, paid £850. I have had a few Remmy's and contrary to the opinion of a few on here have never had a bad one. It has been re-barreled with a Pac Nor stainless heavy sporter and the action has been fully blueprinted and fitted with an oversize recoil lug and pillar bedded in a Boyd's thumbhole laminated stock.

I contacted Jaeger (James) on here after I saw the Job that he did for gr1ffer (Kris) who is a mate and he rated his work with Cerakote.

When James got the rifle he suggested that graphite grey would match the stock better than the graphite black I had asked for on the action and barrel. So I followed his advice. I asked him to take it down to 20'' and re-crown and thread it. He did that with an 11deg crown and said if he had the time he would do a thread protector as well (which he did).

I picked up the rifle today and am absolutely delighted with the work. He also checked over the rifle to make sure everything was indeed true when the barrel was off, made sure bolt face etc was square and scope base holes also true. I know some may say that if it was a rifle other than a Remmy this would not have been necessary but in my opinion all he did was what any good rifle builder would do when they have their hands on the gun.

I am trying out an Aimsport mod on it after seeing them on Alan Rhone's stand at the fair in March and a set of Recknagel rings and rail from him as well.

I know both James and Alan through business only but as I like to hear others personal opinion in dealing with folk so thought they deserve a mention on here so folk can see what they do. Thanks again to both of them for excellent work and service.

We Scotsmen like a bargain and I was very pleased with what the work from James cost!!!

Photo's to follow...

Last edited:

jamross65

Nice outfit Brian hows it shooting pal ?

Just put it together this afternoon Jimmy as i am busy over the next few days at stags and high seat work so don't know yet! I'll maybe get a go with it at the target over next week but only got a handful of factory loads here and homeload rounds for this calibre left from last rifle obviously wont fit it!!!

​Hope things are good with you...

jimmy milnes

Just put it together this afternoon Jimmy as i am busy over the next few days at stags and high seat work so don't know yet! I'll maybe get a go with it at the target over next week but only got a handful of factory loads here and homeload rounds for this calibre left from last rifle obviously wont fit it!!!

​Hope things are good with you...
Keep us up to date on it bud, yeah things sweet as at min for a change haha hope all good your end, cant wait for kelso again pal

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
That looks really nice Brian, and James was right that grey looks really good with the stock, Should ruin a few sika stags day s for them. Now if you could just tidy up that patio table it would add to the whole thing :D

Jager SA

Thanks for the positive comments, as always a pleasure.

If you want prices on barrels, threading, crowning, coating etc, please ask.

Can I have my wooden spatular back now you've done your pics. :D

jamross65

That looks really nice Brian, and James was right that grey looks really good with the stock, Should ruin a few sika stags day s for them. Now if you could just tidy up that patio table it would add to the whole thing :D

ha ha

Its for the bin John! It's been used as a rifle rest and all sorts. As long as I clean the deer hair off she is none the wiser!!!!

ejg

Nice colour choice on the barrel/action and the crown looks good, I don't like it when they turn a beautiful 11deg crown only to ram a 45 deg counter sinker in to de-bur.
I bet she will shoot.
edi

BunnyDoom

Really nice work - James cerakoted my rifle, mounts, mod and bolt handle and very pleased with it!... I'm liking the graphite grey

jamross65

View attachment 31811 View attachment 31812

Jimmy

​Here are the results from the first go at the target.

First target is 4 shots of Winchester factory loads I had lying about and used to sight the rifle in after first shot was way low and to the right..

Second target shows the first 2 shots of homeloads in the top right, 150grn SST's, Lapua brass and Varget. Scope moved slightly to the left (touch too far) and then a 3 shot group. 2 clicks back to the right and left alone.

Territory Hunting