Croydon Cat Killer Unmasked

Oracle

So all along appears the culprits were urban foxes. No evidence of the human knife wielding maniac who must be stopped before they move onto the local human populace. Obviously had to be investigated, however the Met appear to have clammed up with exactly how much the 3 year investigation cost in total plus the hours involved. The several associated stories do make for interesting reading.

Cannot seem to post a link so if anyone else can would be grateful

Ray7756

Nothing unusual about Foxes killing cats. But no doubt there will be those in the community that still think they are not capable of it :rolleyes:
Qwute wittle foxy would never harm a pussy :stir:
the huggers would never believe a cute fox could do any damage ( daft beggers)

Cootmeurer

I'm always amazed by stories of your foxes. I have shot and trapped a large number of red fox (we also have other species) in the US and a true monster is 15-16 pounds. Far to small to threaten cats much.

However, on the flip side, our coyotes are notorious for eating cats. Back in the 1970s and early 80s when coyotes were first migrating east of the Mississippi River and establishing populations one early sign was disappearance of feral cat colonies. Used this to advantage and found that the #1 bait choice was not rabbit or deer or beaver, but rather cat (which we ethically sourced by picking up road kill - no deliberate harm of let's).

Ray7756

However, on the flip side, our coyotes are notorious for eating cats. Used this to advantage and found that the #1 bait choice was not rabbit or deer or beaver, but rather cat (which we ethically sourced by picking up road kill - no deliberate harm of let's).
Pussy has always proved to be irresistable bait especially for the male of the species :fox:
Cheers
Ray

johngryphon

I'm always amazed by stories of your foxes. I have shot and trapped a large number of red fox (we also have other species) in the US and a true monster is 15-16 pounds. Far to small to threaten cats much.

However, on the flip side, our coyotes are notorious for eating cats. Back in the 1970s and early 80s when coyotes were first migrating east of the Mississippi River and establishing populations one early sign was disappearance of feral cat colonies. Used this to advantage and found that the #1 bait choice was not rabbit or deer or beaver, but rather cat (which we ethically sourced by picking up road kill - no deliberate harm of let's).
Wild dogs here the same. I killed a tabby (wild) one day and nailed it to a tree and trapped the site,the dogs didnt touch it which really surprised me.