• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: Custom Left Handed Semi Auto Rimfire

lambic

Just getting paperwork together for the variation:

I am looking for the mutts nutts 22LR semi auto rimfire, with left handed ejection and left / ambi stock. Must be excellent condition and shoot excellent groups.

Not into stainless steel guns or laminate stocks, but otherwise pretty flexible. Need to be able to take an atlas bipod on the forestock.

Have sent emails to Rimfire Magic and Rude Fat Dog, but worth seeing if anybody has one they are looking to part with...

novice

I'm awaiting replies to this with interest as AFAIK there are no left hand port semi auto rimfire actions.

Novice

lambic

Greg at Rude Fat Dog said he could build me a left hand side ejector and left hand side lever ... not sure if price is different to right handed action....but it is expensive.

Adiepie

SYSS make lovely rifles, mostly ambi, so no problem for us lefty's!

It's my only rifle that isn't full lefty, but causes me no problems at all

Adrian

lambic

I'll take your word on it Adrian.

If anybody has a (relatively) very accurate custom 22LR that will not take my eyes out then let me know.

Not interested in exposed stainless steel barrels/gubbins or laminate stocks...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Chasey

I am left handed and I shoot a 10-22 Ruger with an arc angle ambi stock.

Never noticed an issue with the ejection

Its bog standard and will group 1/2" at 25m rabbits out to 75m no problem and probably better if I wernt the one shooting

Looooooaaaaddss of aftermarket bits to bolt on and make it something special, but for me shooting rabbits and squirrels theres little point as most "flyers" are down to the ammo, not the rifel

If I were target shooting id go that rout but id start with digitaly weighing every round before I shot it

But if you want wood+ accurate? Then surely the only thought would be to buy an Anschutz bolt action?

Mr. Gain

Savage have a Model 64FL that is a true L/H... but it's not exactly a top-end gun.

There is also the Tanfoglio Appeal, a bullpup with reversible ejection.

There is also the Walther G22, which was available in L/H configuration.

Alternatively, the VZ61 Skorpion is top-ejecting, and the Browning 1900/SA22 is bottom-ejecting.

The Browning and Walther are now out of production but can be found S/H. I don't think anyone would describe the Appeal or the G22 as the "mutt's nuts" but the old Brownings can be lovely little rifles.

Another approach would be to get an AR with a L/H .223 upper from Stag Arms or CMMG, and add a CMMG .22LR conversion kit but this would mean using a .223 barrel, which has a faster twist rate and wider bore than is ideal for .22LR.

Finally, you could mitigate the problem of brass/gas distraction/splash by fitting a Caldwell brass catcher to any high-end R/H .22 with a Picatinny rail.

The Artemis Sawfly .22LR AUG-style rifle was going to offer L/H ejection, but that project sadly seems to have withered on the vine.

Last edited:

lambic

Thanks for the info Chasey and Mr Gain. I will have a good look through your information

All things being equal, is it realistic to expect the same grouping at 50m from a custom made S/A Rimfire Magic vs a Anschutz 1416? Or is it never going happen......even if the RM costs 2x the Anschutz?

Cheers

Kalahari

Miroku are still making the SA 22 I think.

David.

I think EMMA rifles in County Durham import them direct.

Last edited:

Adiepie

Talk to Roger at SYSS - he will give you an honest answer, even though he supplies Rimfire Magic

Also look at the Volquartsen rifles - one of our shooters swears by them, and they really are nice to use.

Adrian

Guesty

SYSS make lovely rifles, mostly ambi, so no problem for us lefty's!

It's my only rifle that isn't full lefty, but causes me no problems at all

Adrian
I am just gearing up to sell my SYSS Rimfiremagic. I bought it new a few years back, it has a the full SYSS action, Green Mountain 16.5" sporter barrel, Power Custom internals just how SYSS made it. It is super accurate and reliable with RWS Club in particular though it likes SK stuff too.
It has a right handed stock, but I could sell it without the stock if interested.

Last edited:

Chasey

Thanks for the info Chasey and Mr Gain. I will have a good look through your information

All things being equal, is it realistic to expect the same grouping at 50m from a custom made S/A Rimfire Magic vs a Anschutz 1416? Or is it never going happen......even if the RM costs 2x the Anschutz?

Cheers

On a good day with no / not much wind, I can get sub 25mm grouping at 50m and even 50mm at 100m with my Ruger 10/22

However as I said the big issue is the buillets. Just empty out a box of Ely .22 or Winchester .22 subs and weigh them on a set of digital scales.

If I am target shooting Ill do this and sort out maybe 30% of them with matching weights (loads) and zero with those for shooting.

If you look at comparison testing, then using Ely Subs (like I do) you found people who are A: Great shots and B: probably spend a fortune on their rifels shooting

.362" group at 50m
.496 group at 75m
.952group at 100m

http://www.accurateshooter.com/guns-of-week/22lr-rimfire-ammo-comparison-test/

So with that in mind I am more than happy with a 1" group at 50 and 2" group at 100m with a Ruger 10/22

lambic

Decided will go down the predominantly Kidd route.

The hardest part is deciding on the stock, especially as left handed.