CWD

Max

Hi all

Shot late today, two very different CWD bucks.

The one on the left looks to be in summer coat, has the longer tusks and is the younger animal.

Just great little dear

Next time MS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Regards

Max

stone

Max
thats just showing off :lol: :lol:
it looks like you took a set of pliers to that youngsters teeth and pulled them out a bit , just for the photo :evil: :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max

Thanks 243varmint

The one with the larger tusks weighed 18lb clean so not a big animal.
I did not get a chance to weigh the other one as my mate wanted some venison but at a guess I recon 20ib ish clean.

I have only had this ground since Jan 07 so only shot 15 animals in that time so still a big learning curve.
Heaviest one to date was a female that went 24lb clean.
The bucks seem to be the smaller, or thats how I have found it so far but im no expert by a long way.

howa243

From what Ive been told and read, they are working there way up country but at a very slow rate, not like Mr Muntjac

Thanks for your interest

Max

doghound

cracking looking deer, I have never come across them.

The one with the long tusks looks to have a tatty ear. Would he have been scrapping, do they fight much?

nell

doghound said:
cracking looking deer, I have never come across them.

The one with the long tusks looks to have a tatty ear. Would he have been scrapping, do they fight much?

I think they must, i shot one at the weekend, he had a split ear and when i skinned him he had several scars new and old on the rear end and a 3 inch scar on his neck

NELL

paul k

Max said:
Thanks 243varmint

The one with the larger tusks weighed 18lb clean so not a big animal.
I did not get a chance to weigh the other one as my mate wanted some venison but at a guess I recon 20ib ish clean.

I have only had this ground since Jan 07 so only shot 15 animals in that time so still a big learning curve.
Heaviest one to date was a female that went 24lb clean.
The bucks seem to be the smaller, or thats how I have found it so far but im no expert by a long way.

howa243

From what Ive been told and read, they are working there way up country but at a very slow rate, not like Mr Muntjac

Thanks for your interest

Max
The latest BDS deer distribution maps show a steady spread of CWD from their once very localised distribution including some new areas. If anyone is interested I'm happy to post or PM the map. I have maps for all deer species by the way.