CZ455 Trigger, is this normal?

Ozalid

So I’m zeroing my new .22lr CZ455 that I bought at the Game Fair last weekend.
It shoots well enough, but the trigger pull seems very ‘rough’ and also has a definite ‘two stage’ feel, as you squeeze it moves a tiny bit then stops, then behaves normally and fires.
All I want to know is whether this is normal, if not I’ll get it seen to under warranty, but if it is I don’t like it.

danban

Cz triggers are poor. You can get a spring kit to improve it.

Better still buy an anschutz.

Regards Dan

zambezi

It shoots well enough, but the trigger pull seems very ‘rough’ and also has a definite ‘two stage’ feel, as you squeeze it moves a tiny bit then stops, then behaves normally and fires.
All I want to know is whether this is normal, if not I’ll get it seen to under warranty, but if it is I don’t like it.

I have a CZ455 .17hmr. Trigger was same as yours at point of purchase. For sub £20, I bought and fitted an aftermarket kit that turned the trigger into a crisp single stage feel which I guess to be a little over 2lb break. It is a joy to shoot now, felt horrible at purchase. Glad I did the simple upgrade.

http://www.yodaveproducts.com/uploads/5/4/8/5/5485241/s940486431287433510_p32_i1_w640.jpeg

FISH BOY

Big Jim

I was had a hell of a time with my CZ455 trigger. It was heavy and unpredictable.
I fitted a Timney trigger to my 17HMR yesterday and its now a very crisp 1 1/2lb break.
I'll be doing it to my .22LR as well.

Gm81

Rimfire magic kit comes with the spacers for the sear too. I'm really pleased with mine. Transformed my 452. My 455 is ok as stock. But If i change my mind it will have a magic kit.

paul o'

+1 10 pound spring kit sorted mine out as others have said its not the best out of the box but slick after the kit fix was done . its an easy DIY job .

willowbank

I have had same problem and fitted both mine and couple of mates CZ .22 with replacement springs kits as mentioned earlier, they are a doddle to fit and make a massive difference.

Willowbank.

Ozalid

Just nipped down to South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies and picked up a Rimfire Magic Trigger kit, it took me 15 minutes to fit and has greatly improved matters, thanks for all the advice chaps, very much appreciated.

GGG

Some sound advice already been given.

i dont think I’ve owned a CZ that hasn’t had one of these kits fitted, and the difference it makes can be startling.
Both of the kits mentioned, Yo Dave and Rimfire Magic, come with a selection of tubes for creep take up and a selection of springs for pull weights. It is very easy to fit these kits and there are several videos detailing the process on YouTube if you are unsure.
Its also worth re-iterating that the rifle must be properly tested following any trigger adjustments to ensure that it is still safe to use.