Damage Control Permits and a 270 Weatherby

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

6pt-sika

Okay we had a pretty decent evening/night !
I got a fat doe at about 20:30 . she was a lasered 52 yards and she dropped at a lasered 80 yards . Shot her with my Ruger #1B 270 Weatherby shooting Federal factory ammo loaded with the Sierra 130 grain Pro Hunter or Game King . Had one of the Redfield Revolution 4-12's on top .
Also had one of my circa 1972 Marlin 444T rifles with a Marlin 1 3/4-5x scope on top and a Red Night Light on top the scope . Also had the ex US Military thermal imaging monocular . Had a camo cooler with water , Pepsi Max , cookies and life savers !
Had my fanny pack loaded with a Leupold Range Finder , Leupold 10x42 binocs and my Thermacell !

My buddy got one also about 20 minutes after I shot he was maybe half a mile away from me . He shot his with a CZ550 416 Rigby shooting a Nosler 400 grain Partition handload I made for him ! Think his shot was in the 200 yards range .

Yorkie

How do you like your Thermacell. I have no idea how bad your biting insects are over in the States but i find the Thermacell to be very good against the Voracious Scottish Midge. Opinion of the Thermacell does seem divided.
Well done.Nice swift and clean kill.

Yorkie.

6pt-sika

How do you like your Thermacell. I have no idea how bad your biting insects are over in the States but i find the Thermacell to be very good against the Voracious Scottish Midge. Opinion of the Thermacell does seem divided.
Well done.Nice swift and clean kill.

Yorkie.
. The Thermacell is a Godsend when I hunt the eastern shore of Maryland for Sika in October . Last night it did an excellent job as I was getting bit as soon as I got up in that stand .

UK Outfitters