Day/Night scopes considerations.

Musketeer

If my variation is approved I will have the following rifles,
.22lr, .17 HMR (day), .17 HMR (Photon XT), .223 and 6.5 Creedmoor.

The 6.5 Creedmoor will be for deer so it will get a day scope.

The .22lr, .17 HMR and .223 all need to be used at night as well as during daylight. One of the .17 HMR rifles is dedicated for night use and fitted with a Photon XT, so the .17 HMR is sorted, but the .22lr and .223 will be a different matter.

I was thinking that a Pard 007 might be an option as this would cover both rifles. Dedicated Day/Night scopes are going to be expensive as I would need two.

It might be worth selling one of the .17 HMR rifles (Tikka TX1) and the Photon XT if I had a Pard 007 to raise some extra funds and use the one that has a day scope.

Just looking at options. Does anyone use a Pard 007 and would this be workable?

I use a 12mm Pard 007a on my 22lr and 17hmr.
Optisan scope on the lr and hawke on the hmr.
Eagle vision adapter to be able to swap the pard between the two with the ease of a click.
Easy peasy and with no loss of zero.

Personally, I prefer the Wraith HD but they are both very good. However, the PARD is a very good job for the money and is good with additional IR if required out to 150 yards. For the 22 it's perfect.

Get a bushnell elite 6500
The Elite 6500 is a very good scope for rear add-on NV, but Bushnell stopped making them several years ago.
They do come up second hand occasionally.
The current Bushnell Elite 4500 scopes are not a patch on the old 6500 models - no side parallax and overall pretty cheap and nasty

Cheers

Bruce

Hmmm. Sell the 17 with the photon, buy a Pard007a (£300) and 3 additional collars (£60); put a collar on each rifle; if required for 150yds+ shots add a Sirius IR (£150) and go for a stalking day with the change filming your day with the Pard on the 6.5 (Pard is rated upto .308).
Simples.
🦊🦊

Hmmm. Sell the 17 with the photon, buy a Pard007a (£300) and 3 additional collars (£60); put a collar on each rifle; if required for 150yds+ shots add a Sirius IR (£150) and go for a stalking day with the change filming your day with the Pard on the 6.5 (Pard is rated upto .308).
Simples.
🦊🦊

Thank you. So the 007 could be used on the 6.5CM then, maybe this rifle could be used for both fox and deer in that case.

Thank you. So the 007 could be used on the 6.5CM then, maybe this rifle could be used for both fox and deer in that case.
Defo as above it is rated for 308. Only issue you might have is the scope on the 6.5 - Pards often do not like expensive scopes for IR shooting because of the lens coatings.
🦊🦊

Defo as above it is rated for 308. Only issue you might have is the scope on the 6.5 - Pards often do not like expensive scopes for IR shooting because of the lens coatings.
🦊🦊

Ok, I will have to give that some thought. Somebody may be able to suggest a scope that is suitable for stalking, but also compatible with a 007.

Back