Death threats

cowsmart

I stupidly posted a picture of 2 foxes I shot on a Facebook shooting site, closed, but an anti group got hold of it and within hours it was shared 60 times...I became hunt sab public enemy number 1 from both "north Wales hunt sabs" and " ban hunting with dogs" I shot a vixen and her Cubs , she had twice taken my free range hens during the day, so I stopped her with 110 gr Vmax from a .270 ( pretty humane) I shot the Cubs as well to prevent them any suffering....any way I am getting death threats aimed at myself and family..do I take them seriously and contact police? Or just let them get on with it and hope it blows over? Learnt my lesson about posting pictures on Facebook so please no lectures..regards Lee

finnbear270

I stupidly posted a picture of 2 foxes I shot on a Facebook shooting site, closed, but an anti group got hold of it and within hours it was shared 60 times...I became hunt sab public enemy number 1 from both "north Wales hunt sabs" and " ban hunting with dogs" I shot a vixen and her Cubs , she had twice taken my free range hens during the day, so I stopped her with 110 gr Vmax from a .270 ( pretty humane) I shot the Cubs as well to prevent them any suffering....any way I am getting death threats aimed at myself and family..do I take them seriously and contact police? Or just let them get on with it and hope it blows over? Learnt my lesson about posting pictures on Facebook so please no lectures..regards Lee
You have to take the proper course here, get it in train & have it dealt with.

ileso

I am not from England, but if there are death threats then do the right thing and contact your police department. sabs cant get away with that sort of behaviour just because they think they are the kings of Narnia...
A death threat is a death threat , even on FB.

simonl

You killed a fox, so they want to kill a human, ffs. Hollow threats, but I feel you can't ignore a death threat to your family. I'd see what if anybody here comes up with a good reason to not report it.
Social media posting can so easily get out of control. I hope others learn from your (gracefully acknowledged) mistake.

Last edited:

ileso

nice shots by the way.. I couldnt help myself and go have a peek... also had fun trolling a few of their comments... nasty people arent they?

finnbear270

Wonder how many fox and cubs I have despatched over nearly fifty years, The country way carries on. I have to say I will drop fox on deer stalking trips wether or not I am in the stalk for deer.

Last edited:

highland stalker

Shooting foxes is not illegal, making death threats against people is. Get them reported and back in their cages.
Do yourself a massive favour and do not respond to these people directly.

Last edited:

cowsmart

Lol 232 yards engine room, both vixen and 2 Cubs .... Both witnessed shots as well....I mean, why has the " ban hunting with dogs" got a problem with me? I used a .270...

Tom D

Definitely report it. 99.99% of the sabs will be bedroom warriors who won't do anything but it only takes one nutcase......

Also I think you are crazy posting anything like that on FB. I don't even let on that I shoot. let alone put pictures up.

cowsmart

Definitely report it. 99.99% of the sabs will be bedroom warriors who won't do anything but it only takes one nutcase......

Also I think you are crazy posting anything like that on FB. I don't even let on that I shoot. let alone put pictures up.
very rarely post pictures on the shooting sites I'm active on for this very reason...believe me there are far more folk posting gut shot foxes etc out there than targeting me....I am to say the least abit taken aback by the hostility...

countrryboy

Tom to be fair if its a private group it should off been semi secure.

Infact far more secure than posting photos on a place like here.

I'm not really into posting photos but if u want to u should be able to safely ur not breaking any laws etc, and if we refuse to post or even mention shooting it will become more and more underground and different from the norm.
If u eat meat/wear leather u should have no problem with anything we do.
Only 25 yrs ago it was quite acceptable for me and mates to leave a push bikes with dead rabbits hung over the cross bar on the high street outside the bakers and walk in with gns in slips covered in mud/blood after a days ferreting

I see the sun was picking on a safri/ph/guide and his wife just as she was quite pleasing on eye and pictures on their websites beside various animals

Definately report it, wether ot not polis can do much but atleast they can build up evidence if they are repeat offenders

Brimfire

I often wonder when reading articles on SD and members put pictures up of themselves with 'trophies'..... I would not even think of having my picture plastered on the internet with a culled animal. The fact that we all share a passion of shooting is reason enough for me not to have my picture on the internet. Would rather the anti-shooting establishment know me only as Brimfire of Stalking Directory and no other information as to my identity.

Brimfire

I am to say the least abit taken aback by the hostility...
It's easy for idiots to be hostile whilst safe in their home/flat/bedsit/student digs etc with their keyboard and internet connection. They would probably defecate in their pants if it was face to face.