Deathgrip tripod

DavyG

Evening all…
Someone posted a link to the above. I remember reading it, but can’t seem to find the post.
Well…I think I read it on here. Memory failure…re-boot required.
Any idea where it was for sale…?
DG

DavyG

It’s on Amazon buddy, best £130 I’ve spent on a long time

BOGS DeathGrip Tripod with Durable, Lightweight, Stable Design, Bubble Level and Hands-Free Operation for Hunting, Shooting and Outdoors BOG Unisex's DeathGrip Aluminum Tripod with Durable, Lightweight, Stable Design, Bubble Level and Hands-Free Operation for Hunting, Shooting and Outdoors, Black, Maximum Height: 72" : Amazon.co.uk: Sports & Outdoors
Cheers…!!!
Read the reviews on these. A pretty mixed response. Was there import duty to be paid on top of that…?
DG

User00026

It’s like carrying a Mini Cooper into the field. Unless you’ve actually seen and handled these things, don’t buy one yet..they are massive!

i can see them for being driven to a location where you wish to stand and wait for deer at fair distances/woodland edges/clearings, but I can’t picture anyone carrying one more than 50 yds from where the car is parked.

gr cz527

agree with skippydoo, good for stationary ratting or waiting out but carrying is a ball ache. great bit of kit right enough for the right purpose. seems designed for pig shooters un the US.

brave echo niner

If you're wanting to carry it greater distances maybe a Wicked Lights Recon tripod might suit better, Bit more expensive, but carbon fibre and a lot lighter.

I have been very impressed with the one I'm using!

Ben

dazb1967

If you're wanting to carry it greater distances maybe a Wicked Lights Recon tripod might suit better, Bit more expensive, but carbon fibre and a lot lighter.

Ben
I'm using the carbon innorell 85 from alixpress at the minute and it'great, nice and light and easy to set up, I still wouldn't want to walk too far with it but if your sticking close to the car 100m or so its great.

DavyG

Ben
It’s only going to be used for sitting out for foxy and no more than a 2 minute walk from the nearest road. Certainly the recon looks a superior product, but at £300 more it should be.
DG