Decathlon

Hales Smut

Decathlon invaded the European market, even in shooting clothes/equipment. How is this on the UK market? Are Decathlon products used a lot by UK shooters/stalkers?

merlin

I've bought various pairs of trousers from them, both for me and my son, plus underlayers - in fact, I'm wearing a rather toasty base layer that only cost a fiver (wish I'd bought two!!) which I bought last week, along with a long sleeved merino top.

One of the best buys? A pair of fleece gloves for a quid. Fit well, not too bulky and v warm. Result.

Overall, have been happy with stuff I've bought from there; the fleece lined trousers are great (my son's "go to" hunting keks), and all sensibly priced.

mallettn

Not to my knowledge. I bought some excellent trousers for beating in a French Decathlon store, but I don't think any of the UK stores stock hunting gear (yet)

merlin

Not to my knowledge. I bought some excellent trousers for beating in a French Decathlon store, but I don't think any of the UK stores stock hunting gear (yet)
The Warrington one and the Bolton one do (albeit limited ranges); more stuff on there website - but the website is....ummm....temperamental. And a bit pants for placing an order compared to Amazon, for example. Take a deep breath before 'heading to checkout'.....:rolleyes:

DaveT

Loads of shooting goodies in the French stores, have some wellies from the UK website which have held up well but typically the UK shops aren't anywhere near as fun as the french ones.

Claret_Dabbler

I bought a load of stuff in Decathlon in Lille years ago, it was generally very good quality.

The he stuff I have seen recently in the UK has been rubbish at best.

reiver

I have bought shotgun slugs from the Decathlon in Arras a few times . They have a good stock of rifle ammo but the cost is more than back home unless your after one of the less favoured calibres here GB.

They still do fishing gear (in addition to all their clothing) but NO LONGER do anything air weapon related since the RFD requirements came in for air weapons with the VCR. My nearest is the big one at J26 of the M1 it has lots of green and camo colour stuff. But yes, as others say, it has that odd plastic smell.

Last edited:

RED-DOT

Account Suspended
There is a huge garden centre near me that does a decent breakfast for little money just to get the Grey £ into the place but the catch is you have to walk through a massive golf shop and i seriously feel ill with the odour from the Rupert the Bear clothing they sell, so much so i rarely order the fry up.

8x57

Distinguished Member
I've got quite a few Decathlon jumpers and tee shirts and excellant quality and value for money they have been too. All were purchased in France and hopefully it we will be able to get back to France sometime soon to replenish my wardrobe. I know Decathlon have some stores in the U.K. but there are none near me so I don't know what they actually stock, possibly the same old plastic soccer balls and phoney football kit as all the other so called "sports stores".

While the clothing may be cheap in the French Decathalon stores their ammunition certainly isn't unless on special offer.

Last edited:

goathunter1

Got a very nice Percussion make shooting waistcoat in Malaga last month. One of the guys got a Le Chameau fleece waistcoat for 26 (I think) euros. Shooting jacket and jersey for a keeper lad etc etc etc. Definitely on our must go list every time we are out there. Hoping there's a sale on next week when we go back!!!!

Win Mod 70

I visited the Malaga shop over the Christmas period and was impressed. They stock some decent and cheap working dog stuff and I picked up a nice Le Chameau fleece for 39 euros... and a pair of wellies for my daughter. The trouser look good and industrial but I was short on time to try them on. Next time I'm over I'll be stopping in again.

novice

The Stockport store has a shooting aisle. I was in there last week and they had aigle wellies for a decent price and percussion clothing in green and real tree. In the past I've bought a few bits from there including a really nice and thick le chameau fleece. They also do a useful reversible beanie hat in green/orange.

Novice

The Stockport store has a shooting aisle. I was in there last week and they had aigle wellies for a decent price and percussion clothing in green and real tree. In the past I've bought a few bits from there including a really nice and thick le chameau fleece. They also do a useful reversible beanie hat in green/orange.

Novice
I've just bought a reversible beanie hat in realtree/orange from the Decathlon store in Surrey Quays. They have a good selection of green and realtree clothing, and some Aigle wellies. All sensible prices too.