Deer Initiative Carcass Best Practice Day

The Deer Initiative is holding a Carcass Handling Best Practice event, in North Yorkshire on the 7th September 2019 in conjunction with The Forestry Commission and Peter Green vet.

PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS AND DISCUSSION
TO DEVELOP:

• Gralloching techniques in the field (large & small carcasses)
  • Extraction techniques and equipment
  • Larder management - chillers and their requirements.

WE ARE OFFERING PLACES FOR TWO GROUPS OF 16

Session one: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Session two: 1.30pm - 4.30pm

The cost of this event is £36pp

Register here
Morning session : BEST PRACTICE EVENT: CARCASS HANDLING - MORNING SESSION | The Deer Initiative
Afternoon session : BEST PRACTICE EVENT: CARCASS HANDLING - AFTERNOON SESSION | The Deer Initiative

All information is on The DI website,if you require any further information please feel free to contact me Regards Alastair

Waterbuck

The Deer Initiative is holding a Carcass Handling Best Practice event, in North Yorkshire on the 7th September 2019 in conjunction with The Forestry Commission and Peter Green vet.

PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATIONS AND DISCUSSION
TO DEVELOP:

• Gralloching techniques in the field (large & small carcasses)
  • Extraction techniques and equipment
  • Larder management - chillers and their requirements.

WE ARE OFFERING PLACES FOR TWO GROUPS OF 16

Session one: 9.30am - 12.30pm
Session two: 1.30pm - 4.30pm

The cost of this event is £36pp

Register here
Morning session : BEST PRACTICE EVENT: CARCASS HANDLING - MORNING SESSION | The Deer Initiative
Afternoon session : BEST PRACTICE EVENT: CARCASS HANDLING - AFTERNOON SESSION | The Deer Initiative

All information is on The DI website,if you require any further information please feel free to contact me Regards Alastair
Hi, I have a DSC1 from many years ago (i actually did the NSCC and commuted it) BASC have told me that in order for them to reissue my DSC 1 Cert. I have to attend a large game handling course. Would this tick the box? thx J

jimbo1984

Hi, I have a DSC1 from many years ago (i actually did the NSCC and commuted it) BASC have told me that in order for them to reissue my DSC 1 Cert. I have to attend a large game handling course. Would this tick the box? thx J
Good old basc :rofl:

The content is the same but sorry to say it has not been appropriately approved. Peter Green will be performing a detailed anatomy examination which is well worth seeing.

So delegates are recommended to wear clean underwear...
Ha ha most definitely, joking aside its a good session. He opens a deer up like a book, so its actually a great way to see the full internal lay out of deer and what happens if you fail to connect with your place of aim. Will you be attending ?

teyhan1

Contact the NGO. They run courses for meat and game regs.

Yes, we are still here and very much alive and kicking ! We aim to honour our current FC/NE contract which expires on 31st March 2020 and then we will cease trading, so its very much business as usual until then.