deer movement days

cookingfat

Hi everybody,

would like your thoughts on the following.

I have been talking to a freind of mine today, who said that 4-5 stalkers did a movement day in a wood not far from where he lives, he said the bag was about twenty, mosty roe which where taken off all heaped up on an open top trailer on the road, so much for meat hygiene.

The men doing this are so called highly respectable members within the stalking world

Is this following an appropriate cull plan ? or is it just being greedy because one person has to much stalking ? or is it just linning his pockets ?

regards cookingfat

I've done a fair bit of this type of thing, like everything else , it's down to the people involved. It can be very effective and humane if done properly with the right people. It can also be b***** awful if the wrong folk are involved.
I would stay clear , unless I knew everyone involved very well.
Both for safety and deer welfare

I don't think that we can comment without knowing the full details. There may have been a very good reason why they needed a big cull in that area within a short period of time. With this in mind I suspect it is not profitable to speculate about the activities of other stalkers in a manner which may do the sport no favours and is based upon an incomplete knowledge of all the factors driving their behaviour.

I understand that people are prone to question the motives of others and that this is a normal part of life. With so many eyes and ears watching stalking at present it may be reasonable to suggest that the people involved are, in all probability, ethical stalkers just like you and I who were acting with the welfare of the deer or the environment foremost in their minds.

Stalkers seem to often doubt the motivations of others while being happy that their own ethics and motives are beyond reproach, and I'm not suggesting that cookingfat was doing this at all but making a general observation. I suspect that it would be better for the sport if we were all to assume that the motives of other stalkers were always at least as good as our own unless they had been proven to be otherwise. Such an attitude would result in us presenting a much more united and positive front and would make a divide and conquer attack on us much more difficult.

An excellent reply, one that covers all eventualities. It applies equally to any stalker who has difficulty in understanding a set of circumstances, the exact details of which are unclear, until all is revealed.

It also stops any would be trouble maker from advancing their cause any further.

I would think that if such an attitude was applied to most of life's day to day events the world would be a nicer place.

John

JAYB said:
An excellent reply, one that covers all eventualities. It applies equally to any stalker who has difficulty in understanding a set of circumstances, the exact details of which are unclear, until all is revealed.

It also stops any would be trouble maker from advancing their cause any further.

I would think that if such an attitude was applied to most of life's day to day events the world would be a nicer place.

John

point taken, not trying start any trouble just wanted your thoughts, maybe i should have given more details in the first place.

jeff

Cooking fat it might also help if you introduced yourself on the site. I see that you have not done that, and it is a requirement before posting.

Perhaps it might pay you to tell us a bit about yourself before posting anymore.

Thank you

Back