Deer Rifles

Leica Amplus 6

cervus

Who has the greatest number of deer rifles (,other than RFD,s )on the Forum,including small centrefires for deer ?:cool:

Sinistral

Who has the greatest number of deer rifles (,other than RFD,s )on the Forum,including small centrefires for deer ?:cool:

U.S citizens aren't really comparable. They're not restricted in the way U.K. citizens are.:cry:

If I've understood the premise of your question, I don't believe RFD's have any special privileges regarding how many 'deer' calibres they can hold. Their personal holding has to be justified like anyone else's.

swarovski

Avon and somerset only allow 3, not sure how that would work out if you had 10 deer cal rifles and moved into there area.

jamross65

I had an American guest out a few years ago at roe and while sitting waiting for the deer he was telling me he had decided to sell off some of his weapons as it took a whole weekend to clean and rub them down with oil etc for storage and he liked to do that once a year even if not used. He said he was going to get rid of about 25 or so. I asked him how many he had and he replied between 125 and 150 pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles! He had never sold a gun in his life up until that point he said, including his first ever air rifle given to him as a boy, which he still had to that day.

EMcC

Until recently I had 1 x .222, 2 x .243, 2 x .308, 2 x 30-06 but am now down to one of each and I think I will settle for that.
Shotguns are not counted !!!

deeangeo

I thought everyone had one for each species and each type of terrain, plus several for overseas hunting. Am I wrong :norty: ATB

gixer1

I was at a friends in Oklahoma recently and he was showing me just his rifles and some of his pistols from one of his gun safes, by the time he had passed me a few I took the below picture, this didn't include another 2 safes and his shotguns, this is a pretty standard thing for someone into thier shooting...

View attachment 31333

Regards,

Gixer

splash

Just the 3 for me :-

.243 Sauer 202 stutzen for summer muntjack

.260 Remington model 7 stainless/Synthetic for all other times and weather

7.62 Accuracy Internatinal AE for when i can't get close due to topography or need to head/neck shoot

6pt-sika

Well lets see I have 14 Marlin's chambered for the 444 cartridge . I have 18 Ruger #1's of which all but 2 would be suitable for deer . Then I have about 20 more rifles (these include drillings and combo guns)in variouse configurations that are deer compatible .

So I would say I have 50 rifles that are deer compatible .

Last edited:

6pt-sika

I had an American guest out a few years ago at roe and while sitting waiting for the deer he was telling me he had decided to sell off some of his weapons as it took a whole weekend to clean and rub them down with oil etc for storage and he liked to do that once a year even if not used. He said he was going to get rid of about 25 or so. I asked him how many he had and he replied between 125 and 150 pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles! He had never sold a gun in his life up until that point he said, including his first ever air rifle given to him as a boy, which he still had to that day.

You may laugh but it's not that uncommon for an American shooter/collector to have that many or more !

When I lost my job about 6 years ago I had about 90 Marlin leveractions not counting all the other stuff .
At that time I think my total was in the 150 range . And over the last 5 or so years pruning of the gun accumulation has funded my yearly trips abroad !
Well to be honest not just selling off but buying others cheap and reselling them as well . Being in a gunshop 4 days a week has it's advantages as far as getting good merchandice to sell !

6pt-sika

Beware of the man with only 1 rifle as they say!
While that's generally a good rule I am more inclined to beware of the man with several rifles in many different action styles . While the guy with say a bolt action may be very deadly , if his bolt gun breaks down and he's forced to use a friends say Marlin lever action then he's screwed .

Stoney Creek - Purpose Built Shooting Clothing