Deer Stalking Syndicate

admin

Administrator
Site Staff
We have unrivalled deer stalking in England, Wales and Scotland for all species. Annual membership fee of £750pa. Access to 9 areas in Dorset, 1 area in Suffolk, 1 in North of England. Large area in Wiltshire, 2 in mid Wales, 2 in North Wales, 2 in borders of Scotland, 1 in Sutherland and 1 in Kent.

For more information please call 07795 214934

Please note this advert was re-posted from elsewhere by the previous owner of this site for information only. The Stalking Directory neither specifically endorses nor is involved with this outfit in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:

paul k

I worry about the quality of the deer management, construction and execution of a shooting plan and safety. One of the syndicates run by a North Wales based operation was extremely worrying in this respect.

It sounded great, you pay your money, turn up and stalk but there seemed to be no attempt to try and designate a beast to be shot, no co-ordination of attendance or notification that another stalker might be out. I didn't like the feel of it at all and could get a straight answer from the organiser so left it alone.

rogern

shooting sh

this ad appears in almost every publication.

I've called but no answer, it does not sound right to me.

The ads are hard to read as they are usually written in broken english

paul k

hind-sight said:
stuartp said:
Looks like it may be http://shooting.sh to me?
If it is KEEP AWAY
I suspected that it might be, and they were the North Wales based outfit to which I was referring in my post above, but the telephone number doesn't match. However it would be easy to have any number of mobile phone numbers. Having said that it's got the style of that particular gentleman written all over it.

I looked into both their fishing and shooting offers in some detail a year or so ago and found problems of exagerated claims, a complete lack of a management policy and in some cases some possible misrepresentation and I absolutely endorse Stuart's advice - don't touch it with a barge pole.

rh120

Tryed one of these mickey mouse outfits before, ment to be red and roe paid £500 me and my mate and just been in contact with another lad so thats £1500 plus whoever else was in the syndicate ? a lot of cash.
Deer shot 1 roe and 1 red calf which looked dead on it,s feet anyway. Spoke to neibouring landowners one used to own the ground proudly said he continued to shoot it after the sale, and he also said that the forestry company had cleaned the place out the other neighbor confirmed it had been cleaned out as well, and when i told him how much i paid he said ,well there is one born every day, and i should be charging them to shoot the deer, so you can and will be riped of so be carefull with your cash.
Another place i went to see just outside Pitlochry we stoped at a house to ask where this forrest was and the lad told us the same the FC had cleaned it out and he had a roving comision on it and it would not matter how much of a bid we put in we had no chance bcause he was getting it, we put in a very good bid did we get it no chance

Positive Experience of Shooting Syndicate...

I am a member of the shooting.sh syndicate and my comments are purely from personal experience.

1). I have always been looked after in a professional and efficient way by shooting.sh.

2). If you have problems contacting via telephone, suggest via website or email - again shooting.sh always gets back to you.

3). Shooting.sh operates a policy whereby you need to book in advance for any stalk you wish to undertake, given due notice to shooting.sh and the relevant landowner. This avoids multiple stalkers on same piece of land - never experienced this!

4). Safety is responsibilty of the stalker, you must familiarise yourself with the ground you shoot over to ensure safe shooting - something we all do as a member of a syndicate or not? You cannot delegate responsibility in my opinion to anybody but yourself!

5). Shooting.sh will advise you on the most appropriate stalk based on your requirements, taking into account when it was last 'stalked' and the level of deer available, all beasts sighted/taken need to be reported back to shooting.sh for their records.

6). Sustainable deer management is down to the individual stalker, in a syndicate situation, this responsibility is spread across the membership as we all benefit/lose out on others actions - we all need to be responsible!

7). The syndicate is an affordable way of getting access to wide/varied stalking across the country, the more members, the more stalking opportunities that become available using the membership money, the latest addition for shooting.sh is 600acres in Shaftesbury (March 2007).

8). My logic for joining, access to varied stalking locations across country, different types of deers, different environments (field, wood & hill) and financially it equates to about 5 days accompanied Roe Doe stalking without variety!

D

Davie

How many are in your syndicate that safety need be the reason for phoning in. It is a choice but in my opinion for what its worth shooting SH Is a rip off big time and makes money from people trying to get into deer stalking and will pay anything and will abide by any rules even rules .
Buck stalker i think yo are new on here and are on to back up a stalking group that prey on others plz prove me wrong or go. PS if the syndicate is not what it says it is then why doesnt the admin on the site remove the advert he removed post that did not offend anyone . Or is admin logged in with this mob.

Rob Mac

Assumptions can be dangerous...

Hi 6.5 x 55

I think that now would be a good time to clear a few things up, as you've clearly not got over my 'heavy handed approach to moderatoring'.

I put the advert on to this site after seeing it in Shooting Times, because I thought that visitors would be interested. I've left it up and all the related comments, because its interesting and useful to hear people's feedback and advice - positive or negative. I don't know if the outfit is a good one or not, but it's staying on here (for a while atleast) because its started a debate about the potential pitfalls of syndicates etc. This will be useful to some of our visitors.

I too am a little sceptical about 'buck stalkers' reply, it does read as if it might have come from someone who is more than just a member, but we don't know. Buck stalker could just be a very happy 'bona fida' syndicate member who just wants to make his point known.

As to your last point. No - 'admin' is not part of shooting.sh or any other outfit, company etc...etc... I'm just another keen amateur stalker who wants to learn (and shoot) more.

Cheers,

Rob
Editor

B

Bradley

Has anyone actually tried ringing the mobile number?

If they have what was the response.

These sorts of set ups are always dubious. There have been a number of them over the last 10 years, they have always ended in tears, but some one has made a lot of money out of some over eager stalkers.

"PS if the syndicate is not what it says it is then why doesnt the admin on the site remove the advert he removed post that did not offend anyone . Or is admin logged in with this mob."

If you look it was the Admin that posted it in the first place, or is that just a con to give it an air of legitimacy

Rob Mac

Bradley

Hi Bradley

I think you were typing your message at the same time as me. Have a look at my response - I did put it on here after seeing the ad in Shooting Times.

Cheers

Rob
Editor

D

Davie

Ok i will go with that answer but to be honest i cant see why any one would want to post up an advert with out looking in to the company first . The shooting times don't really care as long as they get there cash.
SO IS THERE ANY ONE OUT THERE THAT HAS BEEN STUNG BY SHOOTING SH . I have to friends who have they were stalking ground that they shared with a pro stalker and about 16 other stalkers.
My opinion there a bad lot and any advertising for them would seem to be to much.
Ps yes i was upset about your heavy hand removal of my post .As there was nothing in the post that would have up set any one . It was also part of the on going debate on the 6.5 of witch i shoot and can there fore comment on in a reasonable manner with some experience thrown in.

Rob Mac

Shooting.sh

Hi 6.5 x 55

I've had an email from one of the guys from Shooting.sh. He's now registered and will be answering comments soon, so we'll be able to get the other side of the story.

But in the mean time, if you or anyone else has any questions, queries etc, keep them coming.

With regard to the removal of one of your previous messages, I'm sorry that it caused offence and perhaps I was a little hasty - I won't make a habit of doing it. Thanks for continuing to support the site.

Cheers

Rob
Editor

Fascinating!

What a sceptical bunch, appears as though you wish to attack anybody that has had a positive experience of shooting.sh!

I am new to site (very good of you to point it out!) as just got my first computer - never need one before! BUT I am an experienced stalker who has had a genuinely positive experience with shooting.sh since joining - as I detailed in my post it is my personal experience. I have absolutely no other links with shooting.sh.

To be honest, not really interested in proving people wrong as no benefit to me at all and everybody entitled to opinion.

My personal outlook on parting with any money, is to check things out thoroughly MYSELF, my conclusion on shooting.sh was that it is a worthwhile investment - I do not necessarily draw a conclusion from others comments.

B

Bradley

Re: Bradley

Rob Mac said:
Hi Bradley

I think you were typing your message at the same time as me. Have a look at my response - I did put it on here after seeing the ad in Shooting Times.

Cheers

Rob
Editor
Blimey Rob this is getting confusing, trying to keep track off who is who on here.

I understand your reasoning behind making the opening post. Not sure that I entirely agree with the logic behind it but at least its produced some results.

I'd be interested to read what this mystery poster has to say about shootin.sh. given his stated connection with the outfit.

As far as moderating style is concerned your doing a good job, from what I have seen so far. I cant see what 6.5X55 has to complain about I think I've had more posts deleted that anyone else:p

bucks stalker

I think peoples scepticism stems from the fact that most people have read the reports from those that have not had such a good experience with these outfits. The negatives have far out weighed the positives. In fact yours is the first positive report I have read on any stalking or shooting forum or heard from any group of stalkers that I have met with over the years.

paul k

IF what bucks stalker says is true, then shooting.sh seems to have sharpened up its act a little.

When I checked them out about two years ago there was nowhere near this level of management of the stalking.

I will still treat them with caution as the fishing side of the enterprise was also "dogdy" in a much more demonstrable way and it is interesting that the fishing element still gets similar comments on fishing forums.

However to be honest I haven't checked them out on the fishing for a year or more and they may have improved this as well. One of the tricks that the fishing side certainly used to use was including club guest or day ticket water in the water that the "syndicate" or members were given access to as well as extraordinarily optimistic claims on the quality of some of the fishing.

stuartp

I would good to here from people who have had good and bad experiences of them. From what little I know about these type of syndicates, you either have to charge members the earth, or you do it more cheaply and the ground becomes too heavily stalked.