Delta Titanium or Sightron S-TAC

JCS1993

Has anyone had experience using the Delta titanium HD 2.5-15x56 and the sightron 2.5-17x56?
It will be used mostly at night with either lamp or ward 800 add on, I have owned the Sightron in the past so know what to expect from it, but was wondering how the Delta compared as it is a few hundred £ cheaper.

Thanks
Jon

BLUEROLL

Has anyone had experience using the Delta titanium HD 2.5-15x56 and the sightron 2.5-17x56?
It will be used mostly at night with either lamp or ward 800 add on, I have owned the Sightron in the past so know what to expect from it, but was wondering how the Delta compared as it is a few hundred £ cheaper.

Thanks
Jon
If you get the chance have a look at the new Hawke Endurance WA (I prefer the LR dot ret). Bit early yet but looks good as a day scope and works well with my Ward 700.

big ears

Went through this same question earlier this year. Spent a lovely morning at optics warehouse comparing the scopes.

in the end I got the delta, but this was because it was for a day set up with a bit of night use with an add on. The word on the ground is that with a ward the sightron is the one to get but my delta works with a ludicrous lumens add on and can easily see beyond 300m.
For me the day time image and resolution was better in the delta and as you say was a few hundred quid cheaper which paid for the add on!
look on the NV forum and you will see that the delta is rated highly.

hope this helps,

BE

Nugs

As big ears quoted above, i had the same dilemma last year and thanks to help and advice on here, as well as popping into Optics Warehouse, i snapped up a Delta.
To my eyes, the Delta had superb day time optics and works impeccably with my ward 800l, i just didn't like the reticle or the turrets on the Sightron, although i know many rate it highly..... but it wasn't the scope for me.
If you are only going to be using it as a NV setup, why not save yourself half the price of a Delta, and get a MTC mamba. The only reason i didn't go down that route is that mine had to double as a good quality day scope as well. The MTC works flawlessly with the Ward, but wasn't up to much as dayscope IMHO.
ATB
Dave

JCS1993

As big ears quoted above, i had the same dilemma last year and thanks to help and advice on here, as well as popping into Optics Warehouse, i snapped up a Delta.
To my eyes, the Delta had superb day time optics and works impeccably with my ward 800l, i just didn't like the reticle or the turrets on the Sightron, although i know many rate it highly..... but it wasn't the scope for me.
If you are only going to be using it as a NV setup, why not save yourself half the price of a Delta, and get a MTC mamba. The only reason i didn't go down that route is that mine had to double as a good quality day scope as well. The MTC works flawlessly with the Ward, but wasn't up to much as dayscope IMHO.
ATB
Dave

I agree with you about the reticle on the sightron, I had the moa type, wish I had gone for the more simple 4a hunting reticle.
Even know the rifle is used 90% at night, I would like a decent scope for day use as well as the nikko stirling I have at the moment really isn't all that good.
At this point I'm swaying towards the delta.
Thanks

Blacknsilver

Which delta model did you go for? 2.5-15?
I have a 800l and scopeless on my .204. Need a good day scope and NV compatable.
Cheers

Last edited:

BLUEROLL

I agree with you about the reticle on the sightron, I had the moa type, wish I had gone for the more simple 4a hunting reticle.
Even know the rifle is used 90% at night, I would like a decent scope for day use as well as the nikko stirling I have at the moment really isn't all that good.
At this point I'm swaying towards the delta.
Thanks
The central dot in the 4A ret is way to large on the big S-Tac for use with a Ward add on.

Cyres

Agree that is exactly what I thought when I looked through one. You need the smallest dot possible, DD as per Nightforce would be good. But i expect coatings not compatible with Ward add on.

D

BLUEROLL

Agree that is exactly what I thought when I looked through one. You need the smallest dot possible, DD as per Nightforce would be good. But i expect coatings not compatible with Ward add on.

D
The central dot (LR dot ret) on the new Hawke Endurance WA is a nice size, very similar to the old MTC mamba RIR 4A ret, except that it has a couple of holdover bars for longer range shooting in day use. Night testing with the Ward 700 is looking very good.

Blacknsilver

Interesting. Good to hear the night vision works well on it but Hawke never fill me with confidence as a good scope.

liongeorge

What nobody has mentioned is that the S-Tac has adjustable turrets that are absolutely spot on so not exactly a like for like comparison. Couldn't tell you if the Delta is good with the Ward but the Sightron is very good some say the best. If your foxing I probably wouldn't go for the 4a as the dot is quite big but fine for deer. The other reticle is very fine but good.