Devastation in Liege'

thorneyglatt

I'd be giving a thought to the families of folk that have lost their lives rather than to an overpriced gun.
Being charitable (!) I'm sure Scandially does. If SD wisdom is to be believed, in a previous existence some members spoke of his generous, helpful nature. Perhaps it's not empathy that's lacking, so much as diplomacy. Maybe a PR advisor would help !

Scandially

I of course feel the hurt for all caught up in this tragedy some of whom I have possibly met. My gun is way down the list of any priorities, I was just asking a civil question.
P.S. whether you regard a D5g as being overpriced or not I regard the purchase of same as probably going some way to help keep some very talented locals in a job in a receding industry 👍.

Last edited:

tattie

Being charitable (!) I'm sure Scandially does. If SD wisdom is to be believed, in a previous existence some members spoke of his generous, helpful nature. Perhaps it's not empathy that's lacking, so much as diplomacy. Maybe a PR advisor would help !
I have no doubt in the generosity of the poster and the SD would be all the poorer over the years if it were not for members like him.

A bit more diplomacy as you suggested would be good.

Cheers
A.M

Rake Aboot

I think the possibility of your Browning being delayed pales in to insignificance compared to the sheer devastation and lives lost in Germany and Belgium.

I'd be giving a thought to the families of folk that have lost their lives rather than to an overpriced gun.

Edit after seeing the last post

GWP

But could you not have ordered British and kept some of the talent and skills alive over here

Ade8mm

Meanwhile the rest of us are waiting for the "Climate-change" warriors to pitch in.

Terrible tragedy for lost lives and homes. The real issues wont be addressed. What will happen is different schisms will use the tragedy to promote agendas

At the risk of doing the same...

There will, of course be no discussion vis, too many houses, too much concrete and asphalt (crap planning) and God forbid, too many people on the planet.

And defo nothing will be said about the EU Environmental restrictions on watercourse maintenance, (Silly old fashioned ideas like dredging rivers, cleaning ditches )

:cool:

paul o'

At lease they will be able to look you in the eye when you pay the bill and ask " will this one rust like all the others are prone to do "? they can say Yes sir " its the high water content of our steel !! :popcorn: :stir:

starr shot

.....what car do you drive?
TV you watch?
Fridge and kitchen goods?
Wine you drink?
Energy provider?
What guns do you use?
Ammo made in UK?
Paid my taxes so I decide.
I remember years ago on farming Sunday program when the farmer was on there telling everybody to buy British,then turned around and got into his Mitsubish.Yes we still had Landrover as a British company then as well.

Ade8mm

I remember years ago on farming Sunday program when the farmer was on there telling everybody to buy British,then turned around and got into his Mitsubish.Yes we still had Landrover as a British company then as well.
Been there done that As an Agri student in the "80s I came close to putting the window in on a Subaru at Harlescot Market (Shrewsbury) that had a "Buy British" sticker in the window. (There was still a car industry then)

Ignorant Wnakers.. Having been an agriculturalist for too many years I have little sympathy for the greedy fools