• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can create ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • See how to change the advert prefix to Sold:.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Sold: Dickson Round Action Assisted Opening, 12 Bore Side By Side

Edinburgh Rifles

Dickson Round Action Assisted Opening, 12 Bore Side By Side
Commissioned on 21st July 1896 for Andrew Riddell Esq.
This gun has remained in the family since delivery
Excellent condition with stunning, finely figured Walnut stock with chequered butt with Gold Oval engraved with the first owner’s initials “AR”.
Bright Action with fine scroll engraving throughout and Bold Leaf engraved fences
“John Dickson & Son” banner engraved on the action sides.
Automatic safety with “SAFE” engraved and inlaid in Gold
Straight hand stock, Splinter Forend with Anson release, Double Triggers
Sleeved to a very high standard in the early 80’s with original rib engraved “John Dickson and Son, 63 Princes Street, Edinburgh”
Retains original barrel wall thickness
Just back from John Dickson and Sons at Dunkeld where it received an full service.

Comes in a very fine leather travel case

Barrels at 28” with 3/8” concave rib
2 ¾” Chamber proved at 3 ¼ tons
Choked approx. ¼” ¾”
Stock at 14 3/8”
Cast 3/8”
Drop at Heel 2 ¼
Drop at Comb 1 3/8”

Weight 6lb 5oz

£SOLD

Attachments

Last edited:

urx

The pictures dont do it justice to be fair
That is one that looks better in reality...take a look and bring your credit card ;)

macfarlane

I was lucky and seen this gun yesterday its absolutely stunning, now if Edd took kidneys in payment I'd be allover it. Its roost shooting weather go do it in style.

Beretta V

If I could I would buy this but I’d probably end up getting divorced!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk