Difficult target for garden

biffo

I’ve got a 30- 35 yard set up in the garden to plink with my gamo phox pcp air rifle.
I’ve got metal knockdown and resettable targets and carousel moving ducks, and the little bear where you shoot his plums and then his aerosol! I like the fact it’s all resettable. Problem is, I’ve just gone out as I usually do and shot 40 .22 pellets and not missed, as I know my rifle is hole on hole at that range. It’s fun, but not really testing enough. So, any suggestions to add a couple of more challenging fun targets??

Depending upon how understanding your neighbours are, set up some 12-bore shotgun blanks (or ordinary cartridges with the shot cut off) in awkward locations around the place. Try to shoot the primers and make 'em go boom.

I've tried that with large rifle primers expecting a magic result

Either my aim is crap, my hearing poor or they are not very exciting when they go pfutt

I've tried that with large rifle primers expecting a magic result

Either my aim is crap, my hearing poor or they are not very exciting when they go pfutt
I got into massive trouble while shooting with some youngsters on a 10m range we set up in a barn. After punching some targets, resettables and cans we had a go at those exploding targets. All was well, each one goign off with a satisfy but containable pop.

Weel that is until someone in the factory China thought it would be funny to put in a bigger charge.

The bloody thing went off like a grenade, filled the barn with smoke and made such a noise that a horse on the neighbouring farm shied while someone was mounting. Fortunately no hard done, but the farmer was pretty unhappy and it cost me a roe joint.

I have since been advised to shoot Trebor mints, which also have the advantage of being available in these times. And if face-on is too easy, you can always try edge on.

set up some 12-bore shotgun blanks (or ordinary cartridges with the shot cut off) in awkward locations around the place. Try to shoot the primers and make 'em go boom.

If you do this, make entirely certain they're not directly in line with you? I know of a guy who didn't do this and felt as though he was under reciprocal sniper fire.

It wasn't me, you understand? I only know of a guy it happened to once . . . .

🤥:lol:

Milk bottles filled with colored water (food dye ) .Balloons, old beer cans on string with a safe back stop. Bottle tops for accuracy testing or make a jelly in a plastic tub and see how far your pellets go in .
Unless your posh and have ballistic jelly at home atb

Milk bottles filled with colored water (food dye ) .Balloons, old beer cans on string with a safe back stop. Bottle tops for accuracy testing or make a jelly in a plastic tub and see how far your pellets go in .
Unless your posh and have ballistic jelly at home atb
Wife's empty Dove deodorant cans set at 40yrds will give off a tremendous ball of spray and bounce into the air up to a foot. Only get one now and again but I've a daughter so there's hope supply would double. Great fun but probably not greenhouse gas friendly? Not so much red mist, more white. :cool:

Fight a war! In my youth my friend and I had one of those clear bag packets of plastic soldiers. In the bag was a set of green and the others khaki coloured. He set up his men were he wanted and I set up my men. All in my father's kitchen garden. Then we retired five yards and let fly. Each shooting the others men he'd set up. We both had .22 BSA Airsporters but mine was my father's Mk I so I had the advantage of the tap self opening. But heck if there's two of you it is fun!

Back