Digital powder measure & scales

Sirius1963

I’m happily using a traditional set of scales to measure my powder, and powder dispenser. If I was to move over to an electronic set can anyone offer some advice/suggestions. Thanks

Sonicdmb73

I’m happily using a traditional set of scales to measure my powder, and powder dispenser. If I was to move over to an electronic set can anyone offer some advice/suggestions. Thanks
You could add a Target Master trickler to that setup.
Or one of the powder dispenser scale combinations, a mate likes his RCBS (iirc) as he sets it off and once a case is filled seats the bullet while the next one is weighed.
I have modified my target master type home build to dispense all the charge. Just got the hopper/trickler to modify. I find that even as originally built it improves consistency.

Muir

Read the part in bold print above a few times and then do a search -just on this site- about digital equipment failures. Target Master works splendidly. Good enough that I ordered one from the middle of nowhere US. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket get one. If you have coins left over, get a GOOD measure like a Harrell or a Neal Jones Precision. My Jones is good enough to throw coarse powders to within a tenth -when it isn't exactly on the mark.**~Muir

(** Over 20 charges of H4350, standard deviation of .097 grains)

Last edited:

srvet

I have tried a variety of dispensers, measures, scales etc. The targetmaster with a good beam scale is good and will weigh consistently within 0.1 grain (often 0.5) once set up carefully. In terms of electronic scales I have a set of Gempro 250 that are very good indeed providing they are set up properly and calibrated. They display to 0.02grain and seem very consistent. For the anally retentive this translates to a single kernel of powder. I have seen a reduction in ES when moving from Targetmaster to the Gempro and measuring each charge. I use RCBS Uniflow powder measures with the micrometer adjustment and they typically throw within 0.3 to 0.5 grains With stick powders, less with ball powders. I have just put an order in for an Autotrickler so will have some powder measuring equipment up for sale when that arrives.