Dillon Square Deal Press ~

David Nimrod

I owned one of these back in the mid 1990's.

Sadly, it succumbed to the Handgun Ban, and it got turned in...

Anyone know if they're still available, I've not seen one for years!

8x57

Distinguished Member
Yes still made David, why don't you have a look on the Dillon precision website and have a little cry about what we all lost.

David Nimrod

...and have a little cry about what we all lost.

I'm still bitter... and I'll never forgive the lowest form of political expediency.

Never voted since (except for Brexit), and I probably never will...

Back to Dillon: I'd love to get another, just for 'old time's sake' :thumb:

paul o'

look them up as Mike says or look in the blue book , Still got my 550b and 1050's from way back before the tar brush was let out of the pot ,

8x57

Distinguished Member
I let my 550B go last year, it simply wasn't being used to its potential. Personally I was never a fan of the square deal, now the 550, 650 and 1050 they are a whole different kettle of fish. As for Dillon as a company as far as I am concerned you simply can't fault them, all my dealings with them over the last 28+ years have never been anything but positive. Mike Dillon since his recent passing will be sadly missed by the shooting world.

As for those BAR*****S that stole our pistols don't get me started because I will never forgive those cretins especially the likes of David Mellor and Sebastian (turncoat) Coe. :evil:

enfieldspares

Yes. I remember the TORY handgun ban. And the TORY self loading rifle ban a decade earlier.

I've an SDB in .44 Magnjm with a spare "head" unit in 9mm Parabellum plus small primer feed.

I think it's a different animal to the 450 and later 550 not least as it's more compact.

Great for small spaces but not as versatile (as it uses dies unique to it) as the bigger 450 or 550.

If I dispose of my Winchester 94 in .44 Magnum I'll be selling my SDB soon after.

Pedro

Quite right. Although the latest two big shooting incidents in Cumbria and the North East significantly didn't result in any knee jerk reactions and that was the Tories. I don't think the political party has been the problem but the politicians, if you can make that distinction. All as bad as each other.

I am also generally a non-voter at elections because none of those politicians offer anything either worthwhile or believable.

deeangeo

Yup we were royally stitched up the politicians, but the media played a huge part in winding up the anti gun brigade, not least, the Daily Mail, although other press & TV didn't hold back much either.
Kneejerk reaction that failed to recognise the poor police examination of those that perpetrated the two main culprits at Hungerford & Dunblane.