Do deer dislike sheep and cattle?

Ive had a trail camera on a new permission for a month which I collected recently. I picked up a number of roe day and night for several days. Then I saw no deer but plenty of sheep as the sheep had got through a fence and stayed in the small area I was monitoring. Seems likely that the presence of the sheep had put the deer off entering the area. There was nothing else picked up on the camera eg human activity etc which could have explained the sudden absence of the roe.

I wonder if it might just be learned behaviour, in that sheep, and, to a lesser degree, cattle, also lead to humans and dogs being present.

So, if it was down to the amount of grass left in the field, you would still get deer in fields where the grass is to long and only a handful of sheep.
No Deer like rabbits do not like the smell of sheep, they leave the fields if possible and don't return until the stench has gone.
I know someone who used to get all their prize roses destroyed by roe, that problem went when they started mulching with sheep dags.
Likewise we used the same to make rabbits vacate warrens for walkup shooting, easier to handle than creosote rags.

I've shot reds with cows in the field along with sheep, I've also seen a group of 7 reds walking through a herd of sheep and grazing next to them. Other times they won't jump the fence? If the grass is greener I suppose

Back