Does a Bear shoite in the woods?

RED-DOT

Account Suspended
Bear Grylls.... Heard rumours the boy scout lookalike is a total fraud but he yet again pops up with another survival show.

rick6point5

I expect it is more to do with the TV producers, I know a guy who has filmed a lot with him over the years and by all accounts he is Mr Survival & is quite capable of stepping over the line.

mark-joppa

Note they are all head to toe in his brand of kit.Next week they drink there own ****,for a personal fortune of ten million would you ????

Laugh is cant see Princes Anne giving Mike Tindall a peck on the lips come the Easter family gathering this year.

tozzybum

it was staying in hotels:D that made discovery channel tell im to go away spelt with an f .but the viewing masses wanted im back and tv has never stood in the way of truth if the dollars are flowing.or was it the man asked too many sheckels for his work and they thought we,ll badmouth him.guess thats 1 truth we,ll never know

Muir

Yeah. The guy got busted camping out in a hotel on one of his grueling wilderness adventures. I don't bother with him.~Muir

joed

He did a good thing about the foreign legion years ago, before anyone knew who he was...imho it has gone downhill from there.
I personally rate Ray Mears, although when he survives in the woods he usually makes all the furniture for a living room , I don't know if I'd find the time myself!

Archer

I learned about the outdoors from Eddie Mcgee and then John Wiseman.
Both interesting blokes who knew their stuff, were "focused" on the subject and I enjoyed their "stands"

No real opinion on BGs' skills as I've never seen one of his programmes but I do enjoy Ray Mears.
Unhurried, very interesting (in a Jack Hargreaves sort of way) and as said previously , he does do it

bogtrotter

Not a great fan,but anyone that can reach the summit of Everest , and also completed the first unassisted crossing
of the North Atlantic in a RIB is no wimp.

His expeditions have also raised nearly £2 million for children's charity's.

While I do think he is a bit of a Self publicist, I do have a sneeking admiration for his achievements.

Last edited:

deerwarden

He certainly Polarises opinion.

K
I watched him on the Piers Morgan "this is your life show", he showed himself as a family man with feelings, as he broke down when Piers popped a question about his dad. He has an estimated 40+ million pound personal fortune!
He has also gone over the Himalayas on a paramotor and at one time looked down on Everest form some distance, he's not someone I would definitely watch, but read his Wikipedia page and you'll see he was an SAS reservist and has done some incredible feats we haven't, good luck to him, he's mad in my eyes how he does some stunts though. deerwarden

2434me

He is in the right place at the right time with enough skills in adventure and television and business to make a life for himself and a personal fortune along the way.
Good bloody luck to him!
He is one of the people who are in a position where others are always ready to say " Oh I could do that " !
He got there before you .end of .

MARCBO

Account Suspended
He is in the right place at the right time with enough skills in adventure and television and business to make a life for himself and a personal fortune along the way.
Good bloody luck to him!
He is one of the people who are in a position where others are always ready to say " Oh I could do that " !
He got there before you .end of .
reminds me of the bragging responses...

I did it:

"First, deeper, higher, longer, faster, farther, quicker, with more gear, with less gear etc....

Then there is the "I was in the last hard class, did it when it was tougher, when it was longer, further etc.....

SS

Woodsmoke

I read his book once. Didn't rate him at all. No doubt he's alright at what he does, but his book left me with the overwhelming impression that he was a massive bellend

RED-DOT

Account Suspended
Yip, he got short shrift in USA when he was claiming he was eating worms and was being helicoptered to a luxury motel every night...
Not many Etonians on the SAS front line?

Last edited: