Dog stuck in brambles in a pond

dan71

Out on my local cock shoot today and all was going well untill my dog tried to retrieve a duck and got in trouble. I cant swim and im so luck friend went in and managed to get her out. She got stuck in brambles overhanging.
Kirk your a saviour.

I will never be able to thank him enough. I was about to go in myself but he waded in. Luckily it wasnt as deep as we thought. It was just before a break and he managed to get home and changed before the next drive.
Anyone have any idea what i could buy him as a thankyou present?

dan71

I hate things being left once shot and nearly paid for it! never putting a dog in that situiation again

rodp

If it was me that had gone in I would be happier if you took swimming lessons, that would be the gift I would want. Not to save me going in again but to save a colleague possibly drowning.

Tim.243

I would say the reward of getting the dog out of trouble was more than enough....

You have to do what has to be done at the time....

Tim.243

Woodsmoke

A decent bottle of whisky is warranted, I reckon. Bloody good of the bloke ! Really glad your dog's ok

Cootmeurer

You save my dog, then there is no reward great enough. However, I would be prone to get him a fine bottle, and then help him drink it.

norma 308

Well done that man I once rescued my spanial who went through the ice he was nearly buggered ! but on Thursday last left two dead ducks on the pond for the next day as my old lab had picked 9 and was clearly tired and very cold boss actually picked them the following day for me .
i think a good bottle and a haunch of venison would go down well .
norma

rick6point5

Your lucky to have friends like that, got to be worth a few words over a drink.....LEARN TO SWIM...it's a very important skill, it is a life saver.

stalker.308

A heart felt thank you would be enough for me.

Invite him for dinner and make surebthe whisky course is a good one! Or if you can take him stalking.

Alantoo

Your dog means more than a few quids worth of whiskey, make it personal.

What skills do you have and could share? Give him something you have made…I always prefer a bottle of homemade sloe gin to factory...

Alan

Last edited: