Don't Panic the Germans are here...!

Tim.243

I had 2 pieces of EN24T which needed a fair bit spun of them, it was bit much for my belt driven lathe so I called it to a firm and browed their lathe I posted about last week.

One of the lads said come and have a look in the other work shop when you are finished!!
The owner had brought a new exhaust silencer so the fixing brackets needed changing, 1500cc petrol with the steering from the handle bars working cables to the slew brakes, I spotted a little touch of 2 spare spark holders in the engine bay.

Not sure what it was called or even if it was German! lol

020_zpspiyb1udh.jpg
021_zpsljebwoal.jpg
022_zpsqyulhafz.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
SdKfz 2 or Kettenkrad. Originally for the Fallshirmjaeger as it would fit inside a JU52 but also used elsewhere as a light gun tractor.

Should make an excellent deer recovery vehicle! :D

Last edited:
Kettenkrad. Often seen in a picture towing Me 262 jet fighters later in the war. These are quite sought after and make considerably more than any modern car of similar size.

YES, YES, YES McHugh! Just like that! I am guessing that they've already got one, or two, at Puckapunyal Museum so it's not worth the 'phone call? Or is that where you are in Victoria State?

No I'm a far ways from Packa. It's in very bad nick after 70 years though. Not sure if it's worth salvaging but you might be able to extract in the drier months.

If it was serviceable I have no doubt it would be awesome through the mud and leach infested forests I Hunt to extract the deer.

Back