Dpd bloody useless

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
I am aware that DPD advertise on here, or at least they did :rolleyes:

But I will admit they are a bloody useless bunch of idiots when it comes to delivering parcels to the right address. Just seen the van drive past our house only to find he has dumped it round the corner when it was supposed to be signed for, TWO signs on our house with the number, including our surname and the lazy bloody driver dumps the parcel on some elses doorstep when its supposed to be signed for.

Hopeless Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

FISH BOY

Sorry to hear that Malc.

I had an email confirmation from DPD last week saying my delivery had been signed for by "Sidegate"

Turns out the driver just chucked it over a 7ft high wall... Suppose I should be grateful it was at least my wall..

User00001

They delivered a new phone for me to the wrong address a couple of weeks ago and let someone else sign for it. I finally tracked it down and made a formal complaint. Believe it or not they sent me a personally iced biscuit by way of an apology! Here's the best bit.....they delivered the apology biscuit to the wrong address!! They must specially train their staff, no-one could be naturally this incompetent.

jcampbellsmith

I am aware that DPD advertise on here, or at least they did :rolleyes:

But I will admit they are a bloody useless bunch of idiots when it comes to delivering parcels to the right address. Just seen the van drive past our house only to find he has dumped it round the corner when it was supposed to be signed for, TWO signs on our house with the number, including our surname and the lazy bloody driver dumps the parcel on some elses doorstep when its supposed to be signed for.

Hopeless Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I've just signed for a neighbours parcel being delivered by DPD. I'm expecting a scope shade this afternoon too, so I hope they get it right. Here in Edinburgh DPD generally seem to be on the ball, but the recent Which? survey doesn't rate them.

Best and worst delivery companies - Which?

Regards

JCS

SimpleSimon

I've had one of their drivers put my parcel in the wheelie bin before now, and not bother to put a card through. Found it days later when I went to put some rubbish in there, and had to fish it out from amongst the dog turds and rotten leftovers.
Also once watched one drive slowly past my house, clock that there was no car on the drive and decide to bugger off back to the depot without even stepping out of the cab.

I think the problem is, they hire staff who simply don't give a **** and don't provide them with any incentive to aspire to anything more.

Freeforester

Our driver Jeff is a great guy, but has a bit of skin in the game so to speak. I think if you've got a regular driver you should be fine, but accept this is not universally the case.

ss03947

Amazing....a polish lad does the round at ours, & does a pretty good job, I always try to put myself in their shoes, imagine a delivery job in Poland, I take my hat off to him.

smullery

Which DPD, Red or Blue?

The Red handle like DHL/UPS/FEDEX etc but the Blue are DPD local which are the ashes of Citylink that have been acquired by DPD to compete against Yodel/Hermes etc. Matching on the prices and service it seems.

Stan

opticron1

Yep....not impressed with some of DPD's service and having had to take evasive action to avoid some of their "professional" drivers recently....not impressed:mad:

Cottis

They delivered a new phone for me to the wrong address a couple of weeks ago and let someone else sign for it. I finally tracked it down and made a formal complaint. Believe it or not they sent me a personally iced biscuit by way of an apology! Here's the best bit.....they delivered the apology biscuit to the wrong address!! They must specially train their staff, no-one could be naturally this incompetent.

That is the funniest thing I have read so far today. I don't expect it to be beaten.

tozzybum

I've had one of their drivers put my parcel in the wheelie bin before now, and not bother to put a card through. Found it days later when I went to put some rubbish in there, and had to fish it out from amongst the dog turds and rotten leftovers.
Also once watched one drive slowly past my house, clock that there was no car on the drive and decide to bugger off back to the depot without even stepping out of the cab.

I think the problem is, they hire staff who simply don't give a **** and don't provide them with any incentive to aspire to anything more.

This +2 had to fish 1 out of the bin and had 1 launched over the fence in the driving rain with no card through door .By the time these weenies traced what the wazark had done it was sodden luckily scope mounts being alloy dont rust

Shootgun

Sent a international parcel with them on the 1st, 10 days later no one knows where it is and what happened with it... Useless...

lochty

There's a story doing the rounds on Facebook which goes along the following lines....
"Are you the sort of person who, when younger, used to ring doorbells, then run away? If so, this could be the very job you have been looking for."
Insert name of delivery company. ROFL
Dave

enfieldspares

I bought an item from the trader Edinburgh Rifles on here. It was sent yesterday by DPD. It arrived today as promised by their text message between 0900 and 1000. So from that I've no complaints. |I found that DHL and UPS were the ones that were, as a private individual, sat at home waiting for the thing were useless. Imprecise four hour delivery "blocks" and often hadn't even been to the house as they couldn't describe the house.

Last edited:

polranny

Which DPD, Red or Blue?

The Red handle like DHL/UPS/FEDEX etc but the Blue are DPD local which are the ashes of Citylink that have been acquired by DPD to compete against Yodel/Hermes etc. Matching on the prices and service it seems.

Stan

That’s interesting. I’ll look next time. Our DPD deliveries are very good, but Hermes deliveries at weekends are hopeless and often say they have attempted a delivery when they haven’t.

Sylvanius

I think it's definitely down to the driver you get. I had a small mail order business for a few years and went through different couriers trying to find the best and really there wasn't a lot to choose between them.

On my first try of them DHL managed to destroy a special marine battery certified by Lloyds as appropriate for extreme use at sea, despite it being hugely padded in it's packaging which is pretty impressive when something is quite literally hurricane proof, and shows real dedication.

A classic was Royal mail who decided brake pads are too dangerous to be sent by air, reducing a "guaranteed next day" special delivery package needed urgently by a business customer to over a week (insanely, if I'd sent it second class it would have got there faster). I asked them if they braked their aircraft by chucking a bl**dy anchor out the back since clearly they must not use any friction material, it being apparently so dangerous!
Some things I sent out had to be kept "this way up" and were marked as such in 6" high letters and a big red "this way up" arrow on all sides of the package - I once handed one over to the courier who then put it under his arm upside down - now if that's what they do when you can see them, imagine what goes on when you can't!
I could fill a book with how many times UKMail "lost" something but would not tell you and the first you'd know is an irate customer asking where his stuff was (all my stuff went out on 24 hour delivery). Then after chasing the matter for a few days you'd eventually find out they'd smashed it but instead of just telling you, so you could send another out for the by now desperate customer, it would be stashed away somewhere at the depot.

On the other side, as a customer, I've had cards put through my door saying no one was home - while I was in the house! But they'd not knocked or rang the doorbell. Unfortunately for them I had CCTV and was able to send the clip to them proving it! that still doesn't get you your parcel of course. Notably that has only ever happened near the end of the day and I think was because the drivers are under pressure and were running late.

Oddly enough now I live in a very rural area, things are very much better with couriers of all firms, though I'm not sure why that should be.

Hornet 6

Ordered some stuff yesterday afternoon at about 4pm.
email from DPD this morning at about 9.40 am saying my items would be delivered today between 11.15 and 12.15, arrived at 11.25.

Neil.

20-250

Well, I ordered some UV protective timber treatment at about 4.30 yesterday afternoon. DPD delivered it in perfect condition at 9.25 this morning, slap bang in the middle of the 1 hour time slot they had promised.

Willie

As some of the other posters have said it very much depends on the delivery driver in your area. I tend to use MyHermes and to date the service has been excellent for both sending and receiving parcels. We have had the same delivery driver for years who goes out of his way to supply a good service, a credit to his company. As I say it depends a lot on the driver.

reloader54

DPD fella who delivers to me mon-fri, excellent service, always prompt,polite and conscientious, if he has a day off, it goes to ****, he doesn't work Saturdays, I avoid Sat deliveries as yep you guessed it ,, goes to ****.

The problems often seem to be middle level managers who have never delivered anything ever,probably wouldn't know how to drive the van,doesn't know the area and its various traffic busy times,setting unattainable targets, have no idea of how multi-drops work and keep shifting staff around to "improve" the system to make themselves look good. For instance if a driver gets the round completed in double quick time and delivers maximum packages, we'll say a 100,and gets paid accordingly, they often shift him/her to a problem area,where the current driver only delivers 50 packages, resulting in creating two mediocre rounds as he is unable through no fault of his own to deliver 100 packages but manages to deliver 75 and he takes a financial loss, but the company gains 25 more drops, his previous round is now in absolute chaos and most parcels get taken back to the depot to be added to tomorrows drops, the problem quickly gets worse. and reluctantly the manager has to place everyone back where they originally were, however now there's an enormous backlog so in desperation they take on temps who probably know their way round parts of europe better than parts of the UK and it continues to get worse, usually much worse before it gets better. It does seem to be localised and if the area manager is on the ball and respected by the drivers the whole system can work as logistics should.