dragging on flat, boggy ground. How??

Mungo

A perennial problem - would be very grateful to hear of people's solutions - the lower tech the better.

Have been shooting large fallow deer on flat, boggy ground. Extraction is proving to be an ordeal: often can't get a quad closer than 1km (sometimes further). Dragging has required 2 people, takes an age and is exhausting. So far just been using a rope tied around the head.

Does anyone have any tricks or suggestions for speeding things up?

weeman

Stand a 45 gallon drum up. Cut it in half vertically and cut two wholes in the end attach rope. I find drag bags not good in wet boggy ground as it still sinks in. With a plastic 45 gallon drum it's plastic and lasts for years. Also light and washable.

rodp

It's fibre glass, wouldn't be my first choice. I think HDPE would be a much better choice of material. GRP cracks easily and once the gel coat has worn through the actual glass fibre will wear quickly.

rodp

Look at these. just started to appear in Sweden. Dead Sled
And they're made of HDPE, which is as I said earlier. Wonderful material, strong, low friction and easy to clean with virtually anything.

Having said that, I wonder if a very heavy duty flexible PVC would do the trick, as in the stuff truck side curtains are made of ??? :idea:
And which we keep in stock :rolleyes: