Available: Driven wild boar trips to Hungary or Croatia

Territory Hunting
I know we are still long way away but never too early to dream a bit and do some planning. I am certainly planning to go to both places...
I am taking interests only at the moment just to see if anyone wants to come with me to the following trips if we are allowed to go...

All trips are "all inclusive" so accommodation, all food & drinks (local wine & spirits, beer, soft drinks), hunting licence + insurance, airport transfer included. No extra charge
4 days, 3 nights (1st day arrival, 2nd & 3rd day shooting, 4th day leaving), Not fenced area!

Hungary - 10-13 Dec 2021
2 estates hosting the weekend, over 25000 acres, located in the South West of Hungary.
driven wild boar & deer
2 driven days, expected 60-100 animals for 25 rifles in 2 days - €1600

Here is a "budget" option for only 1 driven day (but staying for 4 days as the rest of the group), expected 30-50 animals on that day - €1100

Croatia - 19-22 Nov 2021
The estate is over 30000 acres
driven wild boar
2 days driven hunting
Expected 30-40 animals for 25 rifles in 2 days - €900

If interested or have any questions please feel free to send me a message!
Thanks

My first trip to Nógrad county in Hungary for driven boar we drank the bar dry on the last night. And we had to pay for it !
Part of the game 😉 however it's certainly a challenge to stay on foot if you tried the Hungarian spirit called "palinka" ?
Can't see that breaking the bank though at the price of ale out there
I agree, not a financial challenge at all 😂

Phil375

I know we are still long way away but never too early to dream a bit and do some planning. I am certainly planning to go to both places...
I am taking interests only at the moment just to see if anyone wants to come with me to the following trips if we are allowed to go...

All trips are "all inclusive" so accommodation, all food & drinks (local wine & spirits, beer, soft drinks), hunting licence + insurance, airport transfer included. No extra charge
4 days, 3 nights (1st day arrival, 2nd & 3rd day shooting, 4th day leaving), Not fenced area!

Hungary - 10-13 Dec 2021
2 estates hosting the weekend, over 25000 acres, located in the South West of Hungary.
driven wild boar & deer
2 driven days, expected 60-100 animals for 25 rifles in 2 days - €1600

Here is a "budget" option for only 1 driven day (but staying for 4 days as the rest of the group), expected 30-50 animals on that day - €1100

Croatia - 19-22 Nov 2021
The estate is over 30000 acres
driven wild boar
2 days driven hunting
Expected 30-40 animals for 25 rifles in 2 days - €900

If interested or have any questions please feel free to send me a message!
Thanks
Sounds good, interested in Hungary 2 day driven, which airport/flight companies best/ most guys use? Thanks

Sounds good, interested in Hungary 2 day driven, which airport/flight companies best/ most guys use? Thanks
As the hunting takes place in South West of Hungary, we will be able to choose from the following options considering prices, best provider in terms of carrying firearms, and travelling across borders.
Budapest - Hungary 3.5hrs drive
Ljubljana - Slovenia 2.5 hrs drive
Zagreb - Croatia 2.5hrs drive

I believe the participants could do and agree in travel arrangements together providing maximum flexibility and the opportunity to find the best possible option, throwing in previous experiences and knowledge. 😉
Hope that makes sense?

Lateral

Are you aiming to get the 25 hunters, or join other group/groups ?

30-50 boar a day, even with 25 hunters, in an open area, is pretty impressive. What is the situation, if the numbers fall well short ?

EMcC

Mark, 30-50 boar is 15 to 25 a day and between 20 guns is about average on open unfenced forestry, but for that price, is excellent value.
If I can't get my usual group I'll, hopefully, be joining them.

Are you aiming to get the 25 hunters, or join other group/groups ?
Well, I have the privilege to put the 25 hunters together and actually aiming to get them together, but not sure that is a good idea to have all 25 hunters booked from the UK with this covid problem... not decided yet but likely there will be smaller groups from Austria, Slovenia and Hungary too.

30-50 boar a day, even with 25 hunters, in an open area, is pretty impressive. What is the situation, if the numbers fall well short ?

This expectation (30-50 boar & deer) is indicating the volume and based on previous years' figures and experiences.
As it is not fenced area, there is no guarantee for the number and of course, there is a risk that the number falls short but not to forget, there is also a chance to shoot more.
For the "budget" option in Hungary, I'm aware that reaching the "expected number" on a 1 day drive is always a challenge and risky, as there is no other day for make it better, if you see what I mean? But thought it provides a chance for someone shooting on 1 day on a long weekend.
Then the usual issue is... the number falls short because there is not enough shots (not seen boar or deer) ? Or lot of shots but number is still short?
If a group of 25 hunters from the UK booked the trip and if it was needed, then I could work out a price drop for the case the number falls short, but then we need to apply the same as extra charge for the case the number is overshot.
I can assure everyone that the hospitality and fairness are guaranteed for sure!

Lateral

If a group of 25 hunters from the UK booked the trip and if it was needed, then I could work out a price drop for the case the number falls short, but then we need to apply the same as extra charge for the case the number is overshot.

So long as everything is up front, so people can see the refund v shortfall, or cost of overages, people can decide.

Most of the places I have shot, allow an average of 3:1, shots v boar, so that if you get a less experienced group, or a group of trigger happy lunatics, 3 shots = 1 boar, even if that isn't achieved.

The UK hunters tend to do ok, because they use bolt action rifles, rather than semi-autos. The average ratio in some countries, is comical.

25 hunter, that's a lot of work !

So long as everything is up front, so people can see the refund v shortfall, or cost of overages, people can decide.

Most of the places I have shot, allow an average of 3:1, shots v boar, so that if you get a less experienced group, or a group of trigger happy lunatics, 3 shots = 1 boar, even if that isn't achieved.

The UK hunters tend to do ok, because they use bolt action rifles, rather than semi-autos. The average ratio in some countries, is comical.

25 hunter, that's a lot of work !
Yes I agree. 3:1 ratio is an average on open area and expected in most places.
In Hungary, according to my experience, most people turn up with bolt action and actually even more turn up with traditional double rifle.
On these trips, as above, there is no extra charge however the fairness is guaranteed!

Territory Hunting