Dsc 1 certificate

Trapper

Just got mine in the post was told that it would be up to 6 weeks, its been 2 weeks so not bad ! :) Pity I didnt have my reg number last week, coz my first munty , and a roe buck would have , helped towards my level two , so I am gonna bag that one up asp, regards a very chuffed to bits ,Trapper

tartinjock

Distinguished Member
Well Done, I have my DSC1 in July.....

Hope I have as much success as everyone on here and pass it. I think I know my stuff, well, enough to pass it, but you never know...

TJ

Trapper

New black sillouettes introduced . I went for my first hole as my guide and just used that as my aim mark!!! As long as your first shot is dead on!
Did mine with BDS. crigillon , because this was the firstime the targets where used we had an aiming target offset to the right , go up the leg centre, and line up with bull and you should be bang on! I found I was concentrating more on the rhs bull than the target and switching before I found the centre mass. Hope this doesnt cause any confusion , the guys on my course may like to input here!
crack on and good luck.
Regards Trapper.

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Good luck guys. It is worth doing, and then you have Level 2 to look forward to :eek:

All the best, relax and enjoy most people who run the Level 1 are there to help you, and I am sure you will all pass with flying colours.

The Mole

Trapper said:
New black sillouettes introduced.
I was shown one of the new DSC1 targets the other day. Shouldn't be too difficult to hit in the right place (up the centre of the front leg & halfway up the body is about centre of kill area), but the first thing I thought of when I saw it was a skylined roe at last light! Probably not the right message to send out .... :eek: :eek:

The Mole

I agree - and a photo target would be realistic as well! I suspect that this is a racehorse designed by a committee

Parabuteo

Four weeks to get my certificate and they'd got my surname wrong! :rolleyes: Phoned DMQ and had a correct certificate received in the post the next day. :D

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Why am I not suprised ! Anyway well done, make sure you have room on your wall for Level 2 certificate it is bigger and has your photo embossed on it. At least thats how they were done when I took and passed mine.

Roe Hunter

When I did my DSC1 last year, Deer Quest hadn't been updated to include the new hygiene etc questions.

So, I developed an Excel based learning tool for those questions, based on a lot of research on the net, in books etc etc (although I can't 100% guarantee that for every question the answer that I selected as being correct is actually THE correct one).

If anyone is interested in a copy of this, PM me your e mail address and I'll send files to you.

RH