DSC 1 Northern Ireland Land

Hi Folks just wondering after passing my DSC1 and having land with a steep rise which is perfect for a backstop and have seen deer on it do the PSNI require anything else or is there any general hiccups when applying for a Deer gun.

czgerry

Hi Folks just wondering after passing my DSC1 and having land with a steep rise which is perfect for a backstop and have seen deer on it do the PSNI require anything else or is there any general hiccups when applying for a Deer gun.
That should do have a word with your firearms officer they will help

Darren Armstrong

Aye . I really enjoyed myn to. I done with Basc, and had a broken ankle at the time, I have to say they were very helpful. I had the FAO out to look my dsc1 certificate and that was it a couple of weeks later I had my rifle

Aww happy days Darren good to hear it might be handy enough then, where do you shoot at your self then see your from Tyrone. Did they do a land check also.

Last edited:

Darren Armstrong

Lol I
Aww happy days Darren good to hear it might be handy enough then, where do you shoot at your self then see your from Tyrone.
A few we spots near omagh 😉 is all. Were did u do your course at? Good to see u have ground sorted already. Its pretty tied up in my area. Where do u shoot your self 😀

Lol I
A few we spots near omagh 😉 is all. Were did u do your course at? Good to see u have ground sorted already. Its pretty tied up in my area. Where do u shoot your self 😀
Aw very good seems to be plenty of shooting up that way. I'm not far from Derry but not too many deer up this way unless you go to Donegal. Did you FAO say much when out or assessing the land.

stalker_novice

Hi, folks
apologies for jumping into the conversation but you all seem to be from my neck of the woods. Can anybody give me some guidance on getting permission to shoot? Im struggling to find any land (with deer) in Tyrone. Im hoping to get a .308 to get out stalking but I cant find anyone to get permission or even a stalking syndicate that I could join. I could join a target club but then I wouldnt have the stalking permission which is what I really want.

Davee

Ah but you would have a rifle and gain experience using it. No point in getting a permission then apply for a rifle, the land owner may get niffed at the delay.