DSC1 North Wales

pendle

The DI are running a DSC1 course in North Wales in the Abergele area on the 27th 28th Feb 1st March. Contact Steve Griffiths at the DI
recived in a e/mail to me just a heads up
pendle

Last edited:

Krabryn

Hi pendle,
Yes, I had the same email alert but haven't seen anything on their website yet.
Steve Griffiths is coordinator on 07917 797292 or 01691 887113.
Cheers, K

VSS

Anyone heard anything about this course yet?
I sent off application form and cheque last week, but so far no response.

Kalahari

May not be enough time. Especially for those who are thicker than average, as I am! My fear factor going up.

David.

Last edited:

VSS

It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for all the Scottish stuff.
Just when you think you've cracked it re: open / close seasons, bullet weights, calibre etc you turn the page and find Scotland...
I notice we don't need to do the Northern Ireland questions because we're not in NI. Pity they don't apply the same logic to Scotland!

Don't worry about being thicker than average - you'll be in good company :oops:

Last edited:

gelert

I notice we don't need to do the Northern Ireland questions because we're not in NI. Pity they don't apply the same logic to Scotland!

Because you've more chance to stalk In Scotland than you have in NI.

Good Luck

Krabryn

Best advice I got was forget memorising the deer seasons as you'll waste hours and only get one question on them and dropping one mark is the better alternative. Except, one tip think April Fools Day to Halloween.........

Focus instead on covering all the material linking correct answers to the questions as you go through the course.

Also, questions on ballistics are not among the favourites.........

Good luck and see you there

VSS

Well I've been through and answered all the questions based on the info provided, but some of the answers don't exactly jump out at you, do they!?
Example: The last one in the book, number 284.
Question goes something like:
"CWD does mature and may have their first fawns at the age of?"
and the options are:
a) 6 months
b)1 year
c)2 years
d)3 years.

The info in the book reads:
"The females mature at 6-8 months and give birth to 2-4 fawns...." so if you're only skim reading you might presume the answer is a (6 months). However, read on and it says "...after a gestation period of approx 180 days", which is, of course, another 6 months, making the actual answer b (1 year).

Anyway, I just got my daughter to test me on a random selection of 100 questions, and only got 4 wrong, so fairly pleased. But quite a bit is more luck than judgement as there's still a list of 21 questions that I've not been able to find satisfactory answers to.

To be honest though I'm more worried about the shooting test.
Sorted ammo yesterday. The test is a sequence of 9 shots, with up to 3 attempts allowed, so 27 rounds ought to do it :scared: