DSC1 through BDS, 22-24 November, Perthshire

Woodsmoke

Does anyone have any idea where this course is actually being held? I've registered, paid, and STILL haven't been told whereabouts the course is being held. Anyone able to help?

Last edited:
Thanks mate. I've spoken to them on three separate occasions now, and they STILL can't give me a location. 'Arse' and 'Elbow' spring to mind. Quick enough to take the bloody money though. F*cking shambles

BDS do not have trade membership on here so, as a member of staff, I am generally reluctant to comment on work related matters but as this post is somewhat abusive I think it is appropriate to step in. I believe that this isn't your first post relating to this course. It is perfectly normal for Joining Instructions not to be available a month prior to an event, I appreciate that this is clearly causing you some concern and if it helps I will speak to the Training Co-ordinator in the morning and arrange a full refund for you so that you can book elsewhere. The last thing we want is to have unhappy Candidates on a course as no-one benefits from this. I am actually on holiday at the moment but if you wish to call me tomorrow on 07920 452448 I will be happy to answer any further questions. It is not appropriate for me to comment further on here, sorry. Best wishes, Glyn Ingram. (BDS Deer Officer)

Last edited:
It is not appropriate for me to comment further on here

It's not appropriate for you to be commenting on your employers behalf in the first place if they don't have trade membership, so I think a PM might have been more appropriate, rather than a petulant dummy-throwing exercise, matey? What happened to customer service? Or is it our privilege to be at your beck and call?

It's not appropriate for you to be commenting on your employers behalf in the first place if they don't have trade membership, so I think a PM might have been more appropriate, rather than a petulant dummy-throwing exercise, matey? What happened to customer service? Or is it our privilege to be at your beck and call?

I would get my money back mate and go elsewhere, or you could make yourself one, it would be the same worthless bit of paper the same as theirs. I was thinking about printing a few certs off and selling them for a tenner each and you wont have to do nothing, and it would be as Legal as there certs. :old:

I love that you have been expelled from DSC1 before the course has even started!

This is my best day ever...:gheyfight:

I love that you have been expelled from DSC1 before the course has even started!

I'm fairly sure the BDS would look unfavourably on presumptuous bullies who take it upon themselves to offer unasked-for refunds following justifiable criticism. I don't like bullies. Regardless of how many certificates they may have . . .

I'm fairly sure the BDS would look unfavourably on presumptuous bullies who take it upon themselves to offer unasked-for refunds following justifiable criticism. I don't like bullies. Regardless of how many certificates they may have . . .
I would take the refund the chances of you passing the course are rapidly falling

I would take the refund the chances of you passing the course are rapidly falling
Just because there’s a bit of discussion about where the course will be held doesn’t mean there will be animosity during the course.
Once people meet face to face and have a bit of dialogue then issues can be resolved and friendships made.
Ed

Well. My honking seems to have paid off. I finally now know where the course is to be held, and I have the promise that joining instructions will be with me next week. 'Dawn' has been extremely accommodating following some gentle persuasion (behave yourselves! :lol:) And funnily enough, a certain mobile phone number failed to respond to numerous attempts to call it :-|

I'm dismayed that there appears to be a general lack of consideration towards those who register for these courses. I hope my experience isn't typical of the overall BDS attitude, but I very much suspect it is. Similar phone conversations with Elmwood college in Fife have resulted in apathetic response times, and ill-informed replies to pertinent queries.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the guys who give up their valuable time to actually run these courses, but It seems to me that if the DSC1 was actually worth having, the people organising the course would give it more respect themselves.

And just as an aside, what the f*ck is a 'deer officer'? :-|

Back