Dsc1

Essex stalker

Do not rush straight into DSC 2 unless you have shot quite a few deer and have some experience under your belt.
DSC1 is simply a test to prove that you have learnt the basics in a classroom, DSC2 is a totally different balll game and is there to assess the practical skills that you have learnt by actually being out in the field shooting deer

dggowdy

Thanks :thumb:. I haven't shot loads of deer but I've shot a few over the years I'm hoping to learn more on the job. I don't intend to jump straight into the assessments because as you say its about experience I understand you have 3 years to complete 3 stalks so hopefully I can get a couple of years under my belt then get it done in the last year unless I feel confident enough to do it sooner.

User00001

Thanks :thumb:. I haven't shot loads of deer but I've shot a few over the years I'm hoping to learn more on the job. I don't intend to jump straight into the assessments because as you say its about experience I understand you have 3 years to complete 3 stalks so hopefully I can get a couple of years under my belt then get it done in the last year unless I feel confident enough to do it sooner.

Lots of people try to do this then end up with a couple of months to run, usually at a bad time of year 're deer seasons then start trying to get extensions. I would echo the advice not to register until you feel 100% ready.

gpointer

Well done as posted by others wait until you have gained more practical experience before registering for DSC2 as the clock starts on registration best to wait to you feel ready it may be worth phoning an AW or assessor for some advice.

HertsMark

In same boat but definitely want to get plenty of practical experience and pay for some professional guidance before registering for DSC2