Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme - Checklist

Ade8mm

Stumbled across this today;

Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme staff draw up check list;

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 21.57.44.png

Nearly choked on number 15. "Try veganism or vegatanariasm"

I bet the old Duke would be livid if he knew what the clowns are now doing with his otherwise most worthy scheme.

How about;

15. Plant a vegetable patch and grow some food without using man made fertiliser, pesticide or farm yard manure. and ;

when you get hungry as 15 hasn't been too successful , catch kill and cook a rabbit and in doing so appreciate where your food comes from.

I am really convinced people just look at what is trending on Twatter and Face lift etc. and form policies?

vitalspark

Call me cynical but it's mostly a checklist to allow them to achieve the award with the least effort possible. I used to provide DoE expedition training and assessment. Getting blood out a stone isn't even close. Rant over.....

Klenchblaize

Just think what a Princess Meghan Award Scheme check list would look like!

My Daughter completed her Gold last year and although Phoebe will never admit it some of our best times together were on local practice walks where the Stroppy Teenager gene was at its least active so the DOEAS gets my vote.

K

riddick

View attachment 146693

alternatively.
1, never ever get a job.
2,spend time getting to know an older person,,, and then rob them.
3,teach a younger person how to steal for you.
4,never do anything for a charity,even if a judge orders it.
5,go clubbing and buy drugs
6,go to a "gig or festival" and sell drugs.
7,learn a foreign language such as "English" instead of chav or txtspk.
8,set a personal physical challenge,, such as getting up before lunchtime.
9, buy or steal a large knife and carry it at all times.
10, learn how to cash a giro.
11, travel somewhere new, and cash other giros in a different name.
12, experience a digital detox,, failing this white lightning and special brew mixed 50/50 will suffice.
13,campaign for something you believe in, "legalise cannabis" is a good one to start off with.
14,learn to cook, meth amphetamine is quite lucrative.
15, try veganism, you don't have to eat the sh1t if you don't want too, just hang around butchers shops making a fecking nuisance of yourself.
16, spend time in nature, hunt sabbing pays quite well.
17, carry out random acts of violence.
18, learn about your history,, who's your father is a good place to start, there's only 6-8 possibility's
19,speak in public, normally this is restricted to the members of the jury or parole review.
20, cover your housing estate with graffiti.
21,more clubbing.
22, dress for yourself, so always ensure you steal designer gear in the correct size.
23, engage in politics join extinction rebellion.
24, learn about climate change,, superglue yourself to something, anything.
25,have a conversation with someone you never met before,, your cellmate bubba will be the obvious choice, and he will always be glad you opened your mouth,, especially after "lights out"

McKenzie

Our twin boys got a lot out of doing the DoE 3 day combination canoeing/walks & the winter mountain survival courses so I do feel it's really worthwhile.
I also don't mind some of the children being encouraged to try vegetables. The DoE courses are designed to broaden children's horizons & in Scotland there is a real problem with shockingly poor diet of processed foods. They did rabbit preparation with the scouts.

CarlW

Our twin boys got a lot out of doing the DoE 3 day combination canoeing/walks & the winter mountain survival courses so I do feel it's really worthwhile.
I also don't mind some of the children being encouraged to try vegetables. The DoE courses are designed to broaden children's horizons & in Scotland there is a real problem with shockingly poor diet of processed foods. They did rabbit preparation with the scouts.
Be very careful. Scottish people should only be fed vegetables under close medical supervision, preferably with an air ambulance on standby. The shock to the system of such an unfamiliar food can cause great harm.

427mark

Deer mr carl.W this is a very old preseption off the Scottish people’s as it now common on knolage that iron brews and rusty nails counteract this fernnoemom and a well known antidote ,thntkyou

dartmoordog

Be very careful. Scottish people should only be fed vegetables under close medical supervision, preferably with an air ambulance on standby. The shock to the system of such an unfamiliar food can cause great harm.
All can be avoided if vegetables are washed down with some “Bucky”

Klenchblaize