End of the line.

VSS

Old sheepdog put down today :(
Last one from the breeding line I started almost 30 years ago, based on the first sheepdog I ever had.
Poor old fella. Last few months weren't much fun for him. His time was up, and I accept that. Never gets any easier though, no matter how many dogs you've owned over the years.

Hes better off now then mty its never nice , funny there give you there all ,all of the time for little reward :tiphat:

Reactions: urx
Story to hear that. It always amazes me how much they become part of your family.
It must be doubly hard when you had the blood line for so long.
Take time this evening to pour yourself a measure of your favourite tipple and drink to their memories.
I still do from time to time in thanks to the memories I’ve been given.

Reactions: urx
No matter how long we have them as their custodian they certainly get under your skin in one way or another and there loss can be devastating, make sure you salute his passing with a toast to his memory.......cheers old lad.

Thanks for your comments chaps.
The girls dug him a grave in the corner of the field where I started his training as a pup.
He never made a top grade sheepdog, just a down-to-earth worker, but he got the job done. His grandmother, on the other hand, was my "dog of a lifetime", equally at home on the farm or the trials field. Poor old Moss could never match her, but he was a character nonetheless.

Sorry to hear this mate, never, ever easy to lose a good friend, I bet he had a great life.

Sometimes you want the buggers to just die in their sleep.

I'm sorry mate. It's always awful losing a dog. I hope it's a wee bit of comfort knowing so many of us empathise completely with how you're feeling

Its really hard when they go..they ask for so little from us and give everything they are..
.its been two years since my Zeke passed ...we found having a digital,photo frame with lots of happy pics of the good times helps bring the better memories to the fore...maybe that will help others.

Back