England supporters

Foxyboy43

Can someone explain to me why a section of the England team’s supporters found it necessary to boo during their opponent’s national anthem? Utterly disgraceful action and together with the actions of that laser idiot puts the entire country in the dock!
In my day, long gone of course, anyone who did either of these would have been “dealt with” in pretty short order by those near them. IMHO to not stop them is to silently condone their actions.
🦊🦊

Drum123

The laser pen scrote should have his arse kicked , no doubt about it.The booing , well its not just the England fans that do it.Sign of the times maybe?

Franchi Matt

Can someone explain to me why a section of the England team’s supporters found it necessary to boo during their opponent’s national anthem? Utterly disgraceful action and together with the actions of that laser idiot puts the entire country in the dock!
In my day, long gone of course, anyone who did either of these would have been “dealt with” in pretty short order by those near them. IMHO to not stop them is to silently condone their actions.
🦊🦊
Things were better back in everybody's day. Hence the saying "back in the day...."
The punks responsible for the incidents you mentioned will one day look back on them with fond memories and a warm fuzzy feeling.

Life...... its a funny old game.

dartmoordog

Agree with the sentiments, disgusting behaviour, but England are certainly not alone.

My wife and I had a holiday to New Zealand in 2003, by a strange coincidence the British and Irish Lions were there as well. We saw five matches, and everytime the Lions took to the field they were booed.

Triggermortis

What I can’t get my head around is they get paid these vast amounts with no risk of having them taken away, they get a bonus if they win but bugger all consequence if they lose.
For instance, if I were say a bricklayer but didn’t lay bricks for several days at work I’d be sacked, they go ages without scoring or winning a match and what happen?
They get rested coz they’re tired and have been overplayed(45mins a week) and the manager gets sacked, he’s the only bugger that never kicks the ball !!!

long_range_rob

I can’t believe how delighted people are with 11(ish) multimillionaire blokes who are paid these amazing sums to kick a bag of wind around a field and score a goal, actually doing what they’re paid for…… for once 😞

personally I had a lovely evening watching the England U20’s XV trounce the Welsh.

LeftHandGuy

It’s one thing when it’s Germany (unacceptable still, frankly) but you can see it might come from some imaginary animosity. After all we’re raised on fumes of having been on the “right” side during WW2. But booing the Danes? That’s a ****ing disgrace. Denmark has been the UK’s truest friend and ally in recent years. Closer in some ways even than the USA.

I am happy to see the win (even if I don’t much care for football) but I would love to see some good grace and sportsmanship from the crowd. They are representing England too, and as with most stupid ignorant behavior, a small minority bring shame on the whole lot of us.

Pedro

Kasper Schmeichel throughout the match was roundly booed every time he had the ball. Add that to the laser incident and I have to say he handled it all magnificently, winning a well deserved man of the match award, despite being on the losing side with his excellent performance, keeping the Danes in the game for most of the match.

But football is allegedly our national game and throughout it's long history has been the sport of choice for the underbelly of society, time and again sullying our reputation abroad and at home. The person who shone that laser should have his eyes gouged out with a shin guard.

Reactions: JTO