• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Non Trade Members specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

For Sale: english walnut stock blank

pietasvenatores

English walnut stock blank. 35" long, 2.6" wide. 7-8" narrowing to 2.5"

veining running well up through butt, then with some nice burling through straight down forend.

£150 + £20 P&Pphoto 1 (10).jpgphoto 3 (4).jpg

pietasvenatores

I usually charge around £750 + finishing, checkering, recoil pad, etc. usually ends up around £1,250. That's aside from the blank of course.

This blank would be ideal for someone wanting to carve their own stock, I am not sure it warrants a stockmakers time in terms of veining layout, which is why I am not going to use it. Had it been a £500-£2000 blank, I would be using it myself.

You could possibly get someone like Joe West to CNC cut it for a few hundred quid, that is, (not sure what he would actually charge!) if he has your stock image on 3D scan already.

But for someone wanting to have a go at their own stock, this is a great deal for english walnut. I usually pay around £400 for the most basic english walnut blanks, and £800 for the more intricate in veining and layout.

Essexsussex

Thanks Peter is there a good book that or online guide to how it is done? Sounds like a fantastically daft project I could start and complete when I am finally too old to stalk/fish/shoot!

pietasvenatores

Thanks Peter is there a good book that or online guide to how it is done? Sounds like a fantastically daft project I could start and complete when I am finally too old to stalk/fish/shoot!
Plenty of books if you search amazon. Very satisfying to do, time consuming, very time consuming, but worth every minute when done!