Enthusiastic youngster willing to learn needed.

Our passion is your passion... stalk with us!

Leupsak

I started beating at 15 years of age for a packed lunch and 2 cans of beer at lunchtime.
I loved it 😊
In hindsight would I start my shooting life this way again ………. bloody right I would 😆

User00025

I fortunately had a good teacher my Grandad a retired keeper and my Dad who caught a lot of rabbits. But that was the basics, I poached my first deer and got thumped and castigated for it. After that helping a keeper and cutting lettuce for a farmer got me the chance to shoot more deer, even if it was with a rimfire and hornet.
It wasn't an easy way but I was lucky and willing to take opportunities to learn.
Well done the Op for offering that chance. We are starting to get my assistants lad interested and he is very keen to learn.

tika.308

A great offer, unfortunately there's always one.
I'm sure someone will take you up on the offer and really appreciate what you're going to share with them.

Grannysmith

Thank You all for your comments except one!
I am still waiting for a response but live in hope that someone takes me up on it.
When I am dragging fallow this evening I will be wishing someone had!!!!

Grannysmith

Still no takers but I live in hope!
Have had offers of help from experienced stalkers and keepers etc but I am searching for a lad or pass that has a love of the countryside to whom I can pass on the baton.
It's a big ask I know but I remember how hard it was to get into when I was a lad

Grannysmith

Hi all, I just wanted to thank you all for your input!
I have had several kind offers of help (you know who you are!) James and uptonogood which I appreciate more than I can say especially after some spiteful and hurtful initial posts from a now ex member of the site.
I am still looking for someone I can teach and pass on the baton when I have to stop and I have an idea that some of these wonderful offers of help come from people who could teach me a thing or two!! And to pass on what I have to a future stalker would give me peace of mind for our passion which is our beautiful countryside and its deer.
Thanks again all and I will keep you posted
Steve

New Avon Arms