Eskdale Woodland & Wildlife Management

UK Outfitters

hairybiker

Good evening, has anyone had any experience of the above organisation? A friend may be interested in doing a DSC1 course with them and I though I might try some stalking/DSC2 assessment at the same time.

1shot1kill

is that not the company with Ronnie Rose the deer stalking god!!!!
dont think you will have any worries there. :D

haig8uk

Did my level 1 in 2006: a very enjoyable experience. I found both the setup at Fingland and Messrs Rose, Snr and Jnr, to be very impressive.

sussex lad

Myself and Jerry(sandersj89) did our DSC1 up there back in March.
I have to say it was one of the best run courses i have ever attended!!!!

Only downside is the location, we stayed in a b&b down the road but the only place to eat was Lockerbie which is a bit of a one horse town..... :confused:

Thar

sussex lad said:
Myself and Jerry(sandersj89)
Only downside is the location, we stayed in a b&b down the road but the only place to eat was Lockerbie which is a bit of a one horse town..... :confused:

You should have gone 10 miles north to Moffat there are loads of good places to eat there.

Best rgds

Tahr

del2607

level 1

Just completed my level 1 at eskdalemuir(20th and 21st sept) and found it to be a very enjoyable and entertaining course. Ron Rose was a very helpful and informative person. After explaining to Mr Rose that i dont yet hold an FAC, this was no problem what so ever. The charge for the course was £235 + £1 per bullet and no charge for hire of the estate rifle.
As i applied for my FAC a few weeks ago, he was also willing to provide a temporary cert for when the firearms officer visits me, incase the full cert isnt through in time.

270TOMMY

eskdale w w m

hi hairybiker you go with ronald rose mate and you will learn a lot.he helped me get my first fac when nobody would he is a really nice bloke i would personally recommend him to anyone who wants to get into stalking hope this puts your mind at rest