Exotics

sikamalc

Administrator
Site Staff
Had an American client over the other week for Trophy Pere David Stag, Manchurian Sika, plus in the wild Roe Buck and Muntjac. We were succesful on all 4 species taking a modest old Roe Buck off my area, and a very nice Bronze Medal Muntie in Northants off my friends lease.

Thought some of you might enjoy the photo of the Pere David, in particular some of our less experienced stalkers and members who may not know what one looks like.
303006.jpg

Regards

Sikamalc. No its not me in the photo either :rolleyes:

pd

poor old boy i wathced him grow up (the deer i mean) can you post picture of the sika for us to see good luck

andy

Matey looks well chuffed with himself. Some good photos for his album and he`ll go home with some great memories.

Just one question though, isn`t the Pere David a rare breed?
basil.

Yes it is. But you are allowed to hunt them in fenced areas in the UK and many other parts of the world, including Texas :rolleyes: In the UK Woburn Park is where a great many overseas clients go to take a good head.

In China they are fully protected, although in the UK they are available on fenced areas and trophy males are taken by overseas clients. The species is not covered by Cities and you are allowed to import them into the USA.

The last remaining stock of PD were saved from extinction by the Duke of Bedford many years ago, and from this stock the worlds population of PD owe their existence.

I must admit it is not something I would pay to do, I prefer to hunt/stalk fair chase in the wild, but the client has done his fair share of very tough hunting, taking the slam of world wild sheep and ibex twice, and that is tough hunting believe me. If you want a PD the only way you will get one is behind wire, although this area is 300 acres and no enclosures you have to walk and stalk, and NO they are not tame.

In about 2 weeks I am on my lease in the highlands for Japs with clients, that is what I enjoy most, fair chase and hard stalking in a wilderness area.

Thanks for the write up Sikamalc. Good explanation.
I expect there were one or two other less experienced pondering the same question.
basil.

Well done Malcolm
He sure looks a happy chappy mate :D Another satisfied customer as they say :D
Are you sure thats not you in that picture :eek: :eek:
O No its not but i will just put this pic up so everyone knows what you look like mate :D :D :D :D
deer029-1.jpg
[/img]

Good pictures malc, maybe you could post a few when you are up north with all that great scenerary(??).
Good luck with your clients
All the best
Jonathon

crackin pics that sika would have been some beast in the rut,and that roe looks to have some age as well, he was one lucky client

amberdog

not a bad pierre david if say so myself pretty impressive sika too, same place i presume
looks like they have got it right ;)
can't get over the new look, malc
maybe nick can enlighten us on this a little on this :lol: :lol:
ronald macdonald stalking agency perhaps?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I gave Nick a set of crayons and a colouring book for last Christmas so he could colour in the different species of deer for his level 1 :lol:

Unfortunatly it appears he has got over excited and coloured over the lines again :lol: :lol:

Going by the photo I think I need a wax and trim :eek:

Regards

Sikamalc

Where are the photo's of the rain in Northants and Sussex when you were chasing the two wee ones, and should you not have hairy knees in that photo with the Roe :eek:

Won't be long before you are here :D

John

nice photos sikamalc,not so sure of the one with uncle fester with ronald mcdonald :lol: :lol:.i took a photo very similar to that one once but it had fester and del boy on it :lol:

Malcolm
Thanks for that colouring book & crayons, :D :D Ive had loads of fun so far mate :D
I knew i should of coloured you knees in ginger as well :D :D
Dont forget to send me a pic of your truck mate :D :D :D :D
Will try my best to get up to scotland with ya mate :D cant let a photo opportunity like that slip can i :eek: :D :D :D :D
Fester

Well-done Malc good photos, and one happy chap in the photo and another take it I bet, :D
How are you getting on with the other small problem regards the Spaniard?. :confused:

Now Nick a bit of artistic licence there mate, Michelle seems to think that the photos I have from the CLA need some enhancement and ginger could be spreading!!! Among other things, ;)

Hope things are good with you and Andy take care :lol:

Phil

hey smithy lets have it written correct,im am not involved with fester like that :lol: you make us sound like a pair of swines :eek: .hope you are well mate.

Couple of Bounders and Cad's more like :lol: :lol:

I have to ask why Nick is so interested in a photo of my crewcab pick up these days :confused: Twice he has asked me to supply a photo. Not much chance of that Fester, I know you of old ;)

Hi Andy,
Things are ok at this end; my apologies to you both don’t mean it to sound like that, :oops: :oops:

Take care and look after each another ;) ;)

Smithy

Back