Exposure for Kite

CDSG Shooting Sports

vizslamad

As there is a bit of a dearth of deer around my area I am having problems getting my pup seeing enough of them. Could anyone help in any way or suggest any places of decent deer density where I may take her to give her more exposure.
John.

Trufflehunting

National Trust, Fountains Abbey at Ripon in sunny north yorkshire has a deer park, where you are able to walk dogs on a lead
Im not suggesting you go there its to far, but the could be something similar near you.
I was watching a guy with a viszla in the deer park some time ago, i had a little chat with him and he was off this forum and he was indeed doing some sort of training with is dog.

Regards

Ian

norma 308

Old parks don't know if they still exist
otley
boreaton
hawkstone
chetwynd
apley
acton burnell
longnor
attingham
loton
may be worth a google see if they exist still !
​Norma

Edchef

Acton Burnell - only seen one in 25 years!
Longnor - private estate with a deer herd

Gaz

HARRY TUFFINS in Churchstoke has a few reds in a small enclosure John :rofl: No seriously, an option for you would be to contact Peter Shaw at Powys Castle which is only down the road from you. Cheers Gaz

vizslamad

HARRY TUFFINS in Churchstoke has a few reds in a small enclosure John :rofl: No seriously, an option for you would be to contact Peter Shaw at Powys Castle which is only down the road from you. Cheers Gaz
Good idea Gaz, that is the Powys part and Will Oakley knows Peter. I will see if he has his number and give him a ring. The deer parks idea seems to be the way to go, I also have a friend who is head honcho ecologist/manager of the Nat Trust on the Long Mynnd so he may also be able to have a word with the deer manager at Attingham.
If all else fails I can pop to Tuffs and sit her on top of the goat shed so she can have a good look while I pop in for an all day beakfast at the bargain price of £2.99. Yummy they have to be tried!
Thanks for the replies folks I will let you know how I get on.
When do you fancy another get together Gaz? + are you going to Western Park. I will be on the Stalkers UK stand with the Richard.
John.

Gaz

Good idea Gaz, that is the Powys part and Will Oakley knows Peter. I will see if he has his number and give him a ring. The deer parks idea seems to be the way to go, I also have a friend who is head honcho ecologist/manager of the Nat Trust on the Long Mynnd so he may also be able to have a word with the deer manager at Attingham.
If all else fails I can pop to Tuffs and sit her on top of the goat shed so she can have a good look while I pop in for an all day beakfast at the bargain price of £2.99. Yummy they have to be tried!
Thanks for the replies folks I will let you know how I get on.
When do you fancy another get together Gaz? + are you going to Western Park. I will be on the Stalkers UK stand with the Richard.
John.
Hey John you'll be better off sitting on the goat shed and let Kite go in for one of those £2.99 breakfasts :lol:. The last one I had was absolutely CRAP. Have a get together anytime, the last one was well attended and great craic. Maybe on standby Western weekend but if i'm down will call in for a natter. Gaz

CDSG Shooting Sports