F.A.C. Costs to rise

That may be bad enough, but the other time a section 7 permit is issued is when someone has applied for the renewal of their certificate and the police haven't been able to renew it in time. They surely cannot be asking us to pay for their inefficiency? Are they so insensitive that they haven't thought of this?
These permits are probably one of the hardest to obtain,.... This link is lifted from our club site, (Phoenix), & Mike Eveleigh, is our club secretary, he is also the senior firearms officer for B.A.S.C.

These cost are rediculous if you ask me, how can they justify £96 for a variation??

better get my variation in quick then! although with how long west mercia take to do anything it might not make a difference anyway:doh:
regards, Jez

Got this off another forum looks like it is going ahead after all.
http://psa.bizhosting.com/whats_new.html
Inevitable but we ought to be asking for a great deal more in return. e.g Abolish each constabulary having its own licensing office, Local FEO's to be retained but reporting back to one national Licensing office, strict maximum time limits to process certificates (provided correct paperwork sent in) eg non one for one variation 14 days, renewal 28 days, new applicant grant 56 days. One for one variation - replace current arrangements with a simple electronic notification at the point of transaction, facilitated by moving to augmenting the paper certificates with electronic smart cards. Automatic entitlement to a sound moderator for each firearm held without further request.Establishing a national map of which ground has been cleared for which species at the central licensing office.
I believe that all this is possible without a new firearms act and with data already within the possession of the police. It would be interesting to hear the views of our representitive shooting organisations and the police on this

Do we have any time frame for these increases? I was going to wait until I had done some stalking and my DSC1 before applying for my FAC but reading this I am wondering if it is worth applying now so I only pay £50? Thoughts folks?

Cheaper than a TV licence and far more entertaining.

Maybe it's just not dear enough?

How about a full college taught intro + safety-training + game/ gun law with exams that must be passed as part of a new applicant fee... all rollled into one for about £1000 (or maybe a little more) then renewals at five years for half that amount? .... Still less than the annual TV licence fee.:eek:

Of course the college training would also have to include Police staffed student observation and ongoing psycho-appraisal and the grant (over and above current considerations) should also include a full disclosure clause on all the applicants' affairs (especially where the individual's circumstances or any societal conformity issues, interpersonal relationship issues and financially related emotional problems were giving rise to treatment needs)

Just some thoughts.

Do we have any time frame for these increases? I was going to wait until I had done some stalking and my DSC1 before applying for my FAC but reading this I am wondering if it is worth applying now so I only pay £50? Thoughts folks?
Apply immediately you have your DSC1. If you cannot nominate land over which you have stalking permission book a day with someone reputable and include details with your application.atb Tim

Inevitable but we ought to be asking for a great deal more in return. e.g Abolish each constabulary having its own licensing office, Local FEO's to be retained but reporting back to one national Licensing office, strict maximum time limits to process certificates (provided correct paperwork sent in) eg non one for one variation 14 days, renewal 28 days, new applicant grant 56 days. One for one variation - replace current arrangements with a simple electronic notification at the point of transaction, facilitated by moving to augmenting the paper certificates with electronic smart cards. Automatic entitlement to a sound moderator for each firearm held without further request.Establishing a national map of which ground has been cleared for which species at the central licensing office.
I believe that all this is possible without a new firearms act and with data already within the possession of the police. It would be interesting to hear the views of our representitive shooting organisations and the police on this

Gets my vote even if they don't increase prices + 1

Back