F.A.C. Variation;

Uncas

A Variation in 15 minutes ( is this possible) well yes,
I saw a nice secondhand rifle in mint condition in a local gunshop so down went the deposit,
I phoned the police HQ at Newby Wisk Northallerton the woman in the firearms department said fill out the variation form and bring it in, this was on Tuesday.
So I drove over on Friday afternoon the lady from firearms took the form said she would be back in ten minutes (it took fifteen) -so how is that for service.
So all praise to North Yorkshire firearms department.

deerstalker.308

she said 10 and took 15...... I'd be lodging a formal complaint if I were you, shameful slipping of standards, that's how it all starts, thin end of the wedge.

Sinistral

Shameful. Just shameful
I don’t know how to say this in a neutral way. We’ve all had to inch along the queue of the inside lane on the motorway funnelling into a coned off bottleneck. There is always some t*at who hurtles down the outer lane and pushes in at the end.

Most people are courteous enough to wait their turn. [FONT=&amp]It sounds like an extra ‘One on’[/FONT]. You should have been told to post it like the rest of the ‘erks you may have misplaced. Unless they’ve got no work to do then N.Yorks FLD failed . Maybe it’s the 86F heat, but crowing bothers me. :lol:

Last edited:

Harry Brown

A Variation in 15 minutes ( is this possible) well yes,
I saw a nice secondhand rifle in mint condition in a local gunshop so down went the deposit,
I phoned the police HQ at Newby Wisk Northallerton the woman in the firearms department said fill out the variation form and bring it in, this was on Tuesday.
So I drove over on Friday afternoon the lady from firearms took the form said she would be back in ten minutes (it took fifteen) -so how is that for service.
So all praise to North Yorkshire firearms department.
I enquired via a phone call about a variation when I saw a rifle I liked in my local Gunshop and as I pulled away from the RFD a police motorbike with sirens wailing pulled along side and the pillion passenger tapped my window.... It was the chief constable wearing his best parade rig with my new ticket clutched in his mitt...How's that for service! :D

Last edited: