F.C. deer dog standard

tom

Morning , any of the F.C. boys on here tell me what there new deer dog standard test is please ?
it was introduced and is now part of the job description but when the advert expires so does the description?
Thanks
Tom

Siggy

Morning , any of the F.C. boys on here tell me what there new deer dog standard test is please ?
it was introduced and is now part of the job description but when the advert expires so does the description?
Thanks
Tom

This is what's in the job description for FES - you may already have it but I had it to hand:

FES Deer working dog standard:-

-Calm, confident and quiet (including when in a vehicle);

-Reliable when recalled;

-Able to walk to heel, especially in the presence of deer, livestock and the public;

-Able to indicate the presence of live deer;

-Steady to the sound of rifle fire;

-Capable of staying in one place for extended periods, sometimes out of sight of the ranger, e.g. under a high seat, while a ranger moves forward to make a final approach to deer, or while a ranger inspects strike evidence.Able to find and take Rangers to freshly-shot deer;

-Able to follow cold blood-line (4-6 hours old) to locate wounded or dead deer over a distance of 400m.

John Gryphon

And all sensible standards too.

-Calm, confident and quiet (including when in a vehicle);

-Reliable when recalled;

-Able to walk to heel, especially in the presence of deer, livestock and the public;

-Able to indicate the presence of live deer;

-Steady to the sound of rifle fire;

-Capable of staying in one place for extended periods, sometimes out of sight of the ranger, e.g. under a high seat, while a ranger moves forward to make a final approach to deer, or while a ranger inspects strike evidence.Able to find and take Rangers to freshly-shot deer;

-Able to follow cold blood-line (4-6 hours old) to locate wounded or dead deer over a distance of 400m.

.25-06

For all the heed the GSP takes at times it might as well be written in german
'Staying in one place' ...'extended periods' he'd have to be dead

'Locate dead deer' ... Thankfully he excels at that one

My gwp's would need the job description written in German

scotsgun

For all the heed the GSP takes at times it might as well be written in german.
'Staying in one place' ...'extended periods' he'd have to be dead.

Christ but I'm so glad someone else agrees. I can't go to the toilet without having to lock my 1yr old bitch out. I've never known such a tactile breed.

Gm81

Not a bad trait. Better than being 4 blocks ahead of you and doing their own thing.
My GWP will sit quiet in the van. But leave him under a high seat while you disappear.
Forget it! You'd thing someone was committing A dog murder. definately a lost pack member sound.
So i accept his fault as he does mine. We stick together like the mates we are.
Im sure we woudnt pass a test. But he is spot on for me.

jimmy milnes

So i accept his fault as he does mine.

One of the best lines I've ever seen matey very well said. We all read this and that about ole Ned the wonder dog and sometimes don't see how good and loyal the one we have truly is.
Kind regards
Jimmy