• Personal items can be advertised for free. Click here to advertise business/trade items or services.
    • Please fill in an approximate Location in your profile so buyers know where the item is located.
    • You need 30 posts and registered for 30 days before you can post ads in classifieds.
    • Specify a price. No auction style adverts, adverts 'for a friend' or unhelpful heckling posts please.
    • Click here to read the full Rules.

Wanted: FAC Air Rifle .22 PCP

Neumo

** Now found what I wanted, so thanks for your help **

Not sure if anyone on here uses them but I have a slot for a .22 FAC Air Rifle, so am on the lookout for a PCP airgun (not break barrel) that is not too far away from me in Guildford, Surrey. Ideally it would be shortish & not too heavy but am pretty open; I would like a bottle gun with good capacity it does not have to be one. Am looking for a Rapid, BSA Superten or R10, FX Verminator or HW100 but there may be others I would go for. It needs to be FAC rated (so no 12 ft/lbs ones please) ideally doing around 30 to 40 ft/lbs. I would like to spend £300 to £500 ish but may go higher for the right kit. Thanks.

Last edited:

Neumo

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have been looking on g*nstar & g*ntrader but have not seen what I like for the money I want to sped. I will look at G*ns forsale.com, which I have not heard of.

I had one of the very first Airwolf's when they were released in the UK (single digit Serial no, ordered 4 months in advance). It was a great gun but had too many issues with it, so it went after a while. It is also quite a weight to lug round as I have a few mile walk around one of my permissions. I currently run a custom Bowket SuperTen with a big bull barrel & a Tawnado stock, which is a great rig but is quite heavy to cart around for a couple of miles. An Airwolf would be a similar weight. My rabbiting partner has a new AirRanger Tactical that is not as heavy as the air wolfs. If I was going to drop 1K+ on a rig then it would be a Verminator Mk2 I think. I shall keep on looking.

Neumo

Thank you for the PMs, offers & advice. I am looking into a few promising leads but have not decided on anything yet.

FGYT: Yes I have a 3L bottle that I use on my other airguns, which will do for now.

I am pretty sure that you can still get these worked on even though Theoben went bust (?) as they were a very popular item with a lot of people tuning them.

private fraser

Always liked Theobens but have heard some horror stories re folk trying to repair the gas ram types.
Who is the best re repair and tuning on the Rapids?.

scoop

Theoben went out the game and Rapid Air Weapons were born
There is a huge following all over the world and spares are still being made
The rapid 7 forum has all the help any rapid owner would need
I no longer have my rapid but i'm trying to buy it back

Neumo

Kalibrgun Cricket is best 22 FAC
I was vaguely aware of these, which look interesting. Especially the new lightweight one called the Hummingbird:

Hummingbird.jpg

That looks like a lot of fun but probably won't come in .22 FAC

lambic

Don't think Hummingbird will ever make over here, issues with semi-auto.

Cricket is the best 25 ever (by huge margin) and the 22 is on a par with the very best Theobens.