Falklands Transcript

purdey24

Conversation overheard on VHF Guard 121.5 MHz

Argentinian Air Defence Site "Unknown aircraft, you are in Argentinian airspace. Identify yourself".

Aircraft "This is a British aircraft I am in Falklands Islands airspace".

Argentinian Air Defence Site "You are in Argentinian airspace. If you do not depart our airspace we will launch interceptor aircraft".

Aircraft "This is a Royal Air Force Tornado fighter. Send them up. I'll wait".

Argentinian Air Defence Site (......total silence).

paul o'

That's the Best F*** OFF EVER :lol: :british:hope it was a true event !

edit: yes it was but way back in 2012 ,nice to know our cloud hoppers have got all the balls needed to deal with bullys !!!!
Falklands Transcript
29th Jul, 2012 at 6:43pm

Last edited:

EMcC

This has been going round for quite some time, long before the Falkland conflict and involved an American jet fighter of some sort.

Last edited:

paul o'

Thought they were as i think they are the only ones that can carry the pave way ? prob wrong !! we had phantom f4's as back up when i was in none of this tech back then ,lol but hmm that cannon had a reassuring crackle :D

TreeWorks

The GR4 typically carries up to a maximum of 5 Paveway IV smart weapons or 2 Stormshadow cruise missiles :D but can be configured with various weapons, targeting pods and reconnaissance pods simultaneously including the Dual Mode Seeker (DMS) Brimstone, ALARM Mk2 missile, Litening III and the Reconnaissance Airborne Pod Tornado (RAPTOR).

Last edited:

TreeWorks

Just wanted to apologize to Dickie as I've just found out that the Typhoon FGR4 aircraft were deployed to the Falkland Islands to take-over duties from the Tornado F3 in Sep 09.:oops:
Tornado GR4 still in service elsewhere though.

Last edited: